Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:35 am
Hi Kexi contributors!
Kexi is an open project so to be closer with our contributors - users and testers - I'd propose to devote this very thread to make what's up in Kexi workshop.
The word would come at least from regular contributors. Feel free to add your bit!
So let's start with this status, sorted by priority. Please accept and don't be afraid that some of these lines refer to strict programming and are harder to understand for non-developers.
- (jstaniek) Preparing Windows binaries, they would be released for 3.0.1.
-- To save some initial work, in a worst case, a zip archive would be released without an installer; Kexi is designed to work after unpacking a zip.
-- PostgreSQL driver is known to work for Windows now.
-- MS Access import is disabled at the moment for Windows (lack of time, not for technical reasons).
-- For Windows, "KDE" embedded file widgets are being replaced with native dialogs for better experience and reduced dependency. On Linux the widgets stay as before. Maybe it will make sense to have the same change for non-KDE Linux desktops?
- (jstaniek) Preparing API of KDb and KProperty frameworks for the requirements of longer term support. That will be for version 3.1. https://phabricator.kde.org/T4016 https://phabricator.kde.org/T4108 https://phabricator.kde.org/T4110
- (jstaniek, apigg) Collecting wishes/bugs and placing in bugs.kde.org and sometimes to phabricator.kde.org. That takes time but please be assured your wishes are noted and analysed.
-- from the forum (yes!)
-- from private emails
-- from an old system https://todo.kde.org/?controller=board& ... oject_id=8
-- from our wikis
- (apigg) Preparing API of KReport for the requirements of longer term support. That will be for version 3.1. https://phabricator.kde.org/T4016 and many code reviews in the meantime.
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:18 am
Dear Kexi contributors and users,
1. Tasks moved
KDE's service todo.kde.org will be retired soon. The replacement is a more modern and multipurpose http://phabricator.kde.org tool.
We've been using Kexi board for task management:
https://todo.kde.org/?controller=board& ... oject_id=8
I reviewed, updated and then moved all these tasks from todo.kde.org to Kexi Workboard: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/17/
Shortcuts for your convenience: http://bit.ly/kexitasks
Some tasks wider than Kexi has been moved to Workboards of so-called Kexi frameworks:
- KProperty: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/19/
- KDb: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/20/
- KReport: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/21/
3. Bugs and wishes
In the following days a number of wishes or bugs will be also created based on the removed tasks at http://bugs.kde.org or in addition to existing tasks. We have the usual distinction because wishes and bugs are items that are not particularly being handled at the moment, while tasks are some concrete activity that needs to be accomplished.
By the way, shortcuts:
Remaining information to be moved to Phabricator and bugs.kde.org is located on the wiki:
I hope collecting the information in one place will improve your experience.
We have lots of the data now and many ideas, but much more is needed.
Feel free to report wishes, bugs, discuss on Kexi mailing list or Kexi forums.
Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:33 am
Working on Criteria cannot be saved in Query Designer
EDIT: It's mostly the same as: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=371974.
Both likely fixed now for 3.0.2 and 3.1 Alpha, please expect an AppImage this night.
Registered users: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], capslock, edgarejm, Exabot [Bot], fwalderd, Google [Bot], jeebsas, jensw, leo sk, mcarpino, msundman, peje, Sogou [Bot], TheraHedwig, vbkaran, Yahoo [Bot], ynewmark