Reply to topic

Raise or lower design elements in form

kexian
Registered Member
OS
I would like to raise or lower design elements in form design so as to place some items in front of or behind of others. Is that possible? I don't see any controls that would accomplish this.

Thanks,
Kexian
Mageia 2
Kexi 2.4.1
User avatar jstaniek
OS
Hello Kexian,
Could you provide use cases when it is desired that a form widget covers another widget? We can discuss what's needed to compose your form properly if you send a sample of it.

Best regards,
Jarosław Staniek

Kexi - Visual DB Apps Builder
May I help you? Please include your software version and OS when asking for help.
Do you like Kexi? Consider donating to boost its development!
kexian
Registered Member
OS
In Form Design mode, I would like to place text boxes over a large bitmap image. When I want to edit the boxes (move them or vary their sizes), the text boxes get lost beneath the image. There should be a "send to back" command or "raise" and "lower" buttons (like in Report Design mode) to reveal what's underneath.

Kexian
User avatar jstaniek
OS
That's one of use cases I guessed you might be interested in. Good solution is to have support for bitmap backgrounds. Would you care to file a wish on http://bugs.kde.org?

Just for the record, Kexi 1.x offered send-to... functions but z-order is not the right thing[TM] for forms, either it is in Qt Widgets world (C++, Designer) or in Kexi. :) It's fragile to nasty bugs when used with layouts (which by the way we do not have yet Kexi but Kexi format care about both future extensions and backward-compatibility).

Best regards,
Jarosław Staniek

Kexi - Visual DB Apps Builder
May I help you? Please include your software version and OS when asking for help.
Do you like Kexi? Consider donating to boost its development!

Reply to topic