Reply to topic

Kexi for Windows

User avatar jstaniek
OS

Kexi for Windows

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:58 pm
Hi,
This may be interesting for those of you dreaming of full Kexi on Windows to be available sooner than later - Kexi project is looking for donation: at least one legal license for Windows 7 Pro 32-bit (English).

VMware and Visual Studio software will be used to prepare and maintain Kexi for Windows (XP and newer).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jarosław Staniek

Kexi - Visual Database Apps Creator
May I help you? Please include your software version and OS when asking for help.
Do you like Kexi? Consider donating to boost its development!
The.Warlock
Registered Member

Re: Kexi for Windows

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:12 pm
Hi, are you still looking for "at least one legal license for Windows 7 Pro 32-bit (English)."? or any other windows versions as I may be able to help you with this. I have several computers, which had a variety of windows versions when bought but i have since upgraded many of them to later windows versions. So i am more than willing to let you have the license numbers for these versions...

All the best...Paul
User avatar jstaniek
OS

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:58 pm
Yes, I am interested, thanks.

Best regards,
Jarosław Staniek

May I help you? Please include your software version and OS when asking for help.
The.Warlock
Registered Member

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:10 am
Hi,

Yes,i was just editing out the details when i realised it was visible to everyone..Thanks.

how can i send you the image of the certification sticker and key or have you used those details i posted?

All the best paul
User avatar jstaniek
OS

Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:19 pm
The.Warlock wrote:Hi,

Yes,i was just editing out the details when i realised it was visible to everyone..Thanks.

how can i send you the image of the certification sticker and key or have you used those details i posted?

All the best paul

Yes, I saved al lthe details and I'll try to use them after I download an ISO file. Thanks a lot for great support!

Best regards,
Jarosław Staniek

asbach
Registered Member

Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:44 pm
Hi there!

is there an older Windows version of Kexi I can use??
I'm interested in supporting Kexi for Windows... what could I help? I'm not a programmer...

Best
AsBach
jorgk3
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:13 pm
How is this going? By the looks of it, you received a Windows license in 2013. Also, someone was asking whether there is an old version.
If I don't hear from you, I'll make an attempt to compile it myself.
Tralen
Registered Member

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:12 pm
Any news on the availability of Kexi on Windows?
User avatar jstaniek
OS

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 pm
Hi asbach, jorgk3 and Tralen!
Update. I am actually collecting funds to make sure this version is maintained.
The virtual machine barely works (but works thanks to the donated Windows license). A native workstation is a must long term. Guess what - these workstations are not free in stores around :)
Having it just for Windows makes sense or not but people that will work on the Windows version have to see a strong reason for this purchase.
This is a reason #1 why the development takes time.

Reason #2: Kexi is going through some restructuring for Qt 5: https://community.kde.org/Kexi/Porting_to_Qt%26KF_5
A big question is if we want a Qt 4 port on Windows or waiting for the Qt 5 version.
It's not possible to just take the resources out of the Qt 5 port and put them on the 'Windows port' task. Resources have to be _added_ this or another way.

The Windows version will eventually rock, enjoying a native installer (like Krita for Windows https://krita.org/download/krita-desktop/) with online updates and will be a fairy compact app, without you noticing it's most known from the KDE Plasma desktop.

PS: Support is now possible since a month: for example 4 days left for the #Kexi fundraiser: https://www.bountysource.com/teams/kexi/fundraiser
There are also other issues that can be supported https://www.bountysource.com/teams/kexi/issues. Anyone can add own wish, including the "Add Windows version" on Github and publish on Bountysource.

Best regards,
Jarosław Staniek

Reply to topic