Reply to topic

How to disable trees in Details view?

Minio
Registered Member
OS
Hi

Today I upgraded to KDE 4.8.4 (from 4.7.4), thanks to new Debian packages. I copied only part of my configuration files due to several issues I had that I believe was caused by old config files laying around. Overall impression is good, but there is one thing that is bugging me:
in Details view in Dolphin I am forced to use tree view (expandable folders). I don't really like the idea to expand folders instead of going into them, so I would like the tree to disappear.

Unfortunately, I can not find any option to do that. I have checked in Adjust view proporties and Configure Dolphin → View Modes → Details (as KDE userbase suggests).

How can I disable expandable folders in Details view? Or is it not possible anymore?

Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski
Using KDE 4.11.3 on Debian testing amd64.
lueck
Mentor
Minio wrote:Hi

Today I upgraded to KDE 4.8.4 (from 4.7.4), thanks to new Debian packages. I copied only part of my configuration files due to several issues I had that I believe was caused by old config files laying around. Overall impression is good, but there is one thing that is bugging me:
in Details view in Dolphin I am forced to use tree view (expandable folders). I don't really like the idea to expand folders instead of going into them, so I would like the tree to disappear.

Unfortunately, I can not find any option to do that. I have checked in Adjust view proporties and Configure Dolphin → View Modes → Details (as KDE userbase suggests).

How can I disable expandable folders in Details view? Or is it not possible anymore?

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=289090
Minio
Registered Member
OS
lueck wrote:https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=289090

Thanks for your answer. That helped to fix the issue.

Just to note, if anybody finds this thread through web search engine:
you have to add
Code: Select all
ExpandableFolders=false

in [DetailsMode] section of ~/.kde/share/config/dolphinrc file. Please read comment 34 of linked bug report for more details.

Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski
Using KDE 4.11.3 on Debian testing amd64.

Reply to topic