Reply to topic

External media always shown by the bottom right panel

User avatar manchette
Registered Member
OS
hi,

i flashed my bios to be able to use entirely my keyboard and enter the bios, and the n i saw that 1st boot device was floppy disk ! which is due to an old bios reset restore to default that i had forgotten.
I changed this : 1st boot device is now dvd player and then hdd. It should be ok for hardware.
Software realm ; I blacklisted floppy module also, shall i rebuild grub ?

thanks ;)

manchette, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
last openSUSE version : 13.2... / Last Kde Plasma version : 5.0.xxx ...
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
there's no update-grub or the other update command in openSUSE, they're Debian specific and I don't know why you should have to. is everything working correctly now?

also you could be using uefi or grub2

OpenSuse 13.2 x64, KDE 4.14.x & Plasma 5.x

User avatar manchette
Registered Member
OS
hi,

the command line in order to regenerate grub if needed is as follows, but it seems it's not needed so far as everything seems back to normal, thanks ;)

Code: Select all
# grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

or you can use another way which is easier to remember :
 #  update-bootloader --refresh

User avatar manchette
Registered Member
OS
hello,

i thought it would be ok ... but when i click on pidgin's contact list it also opens the notification pannel , this time mentioning 'no peripheral is available' with an empty grey notification pannel . How come ?
Thanks ;)

User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
manchette wrote:hello,

i thought it would be ok ... but when i click on pidgin's contact list it also opens the notification pannel , this time mentioning 'no peripheral is available' with an empty grey notification pannel . How come ?
Thanks ;)

Not sure why this would be considered the same issue.
- Did this show properly earlier before the bios update?
- Did it work earlier in 13.1 and 11.4 or in 12.3 and 11.x

This would be the pidgin-knotifications plugin? if so in the options are you using libnotify or kdialog?

User avatar manchette
Registered Member
OS
hi,
it might be different indeed, i don't knwo yet.
I had the same before the bios update, but many different problems where at the same time (floppy disk and this one).
I had the problem also before openSUSE 13.1, in 12.3 for sure, before i'm not as sure.

about i have no clue pidgin-knotifications plugin, libnotify or kdialog .
i i zypper search :

in pidgin i'm using no plugins
it seems i'm using libnotfy and kdialog, is this ko ?

| pidgin-plugin-advanced-sound-notification                         | Pidgin plugin adding sound notifications                                                   | paquet       
  | pidgin-plugin-birthday-reminder                                   | Pidgin plugin to remind you of the birthdays of your buddies                               | paquet       
  | pidgin-plugin-embeddedvideo                                       | Pidgin plugin to watch videos directly into your Pidgin conversation                       | paquet       
  | pidgin-plugin-guifications                                        | Pidgin plugin to display "toaster" popups                                                  | paquet       
  | pidgin-plugin-pack                                                | Compilation of plugins for Pidgin                                                          | paquet       
  | pidgin-plugin-pack-extras                                         | Compilation of plugins for Pidgin -- GPL-3.0+ Plugins                                      | paquet       
  | pidgin-plugin-skype           

zypper se libnotify
Le dépôt 'KERNEL_STABLE' n'est pas à jour. Vous pouvez lancer 'zypper refresh' en tant que root pour le mettre à jour.
Chargement des données du dépôt...
Lecture des paquets installés...

S | Nom                        | Résumé                                       | Type         
--+----------------------------+----------------------------------------------+--------------
  | gmpc-libnotify             | Gmpc Libnotify Plugin                        | paquet       
  | gmpc-libnotify             | Gmpc Libnotify Plugin                        | paquet source
  | gmpc-libnotify-debuginfo   | Debug information for package gmpc-libnotify | paquet       
  | gmpc-libnotify-debugsource | Debug sources for package gmpc-libnotify     | paquet       
  | libnotify-devel            | Notifications Library                        | paquet       
i | libnotify-tools            | Notifications Library -- Tools               | paquet       
i | libnotify4                 | Notifications Library                        | paquet       
fabrice@linux-opensuse131:~> zypper se kdialog
Le dépôt 'KERNEL_STABLE' n'est pas à jour. Vous pouvez lancer 'zypper refresh' en tant que root pour le mettre à jour.
Chargement des données du dépôt...
Lecture des paquets installés...

S | Nom               | Résumé                                | Type 
--+-------------------+---------------------------------------+-------
i | kdialog           | Version KDE de xdialog                | paquet
  | kdialog-debuginfo | Debug information for package kdialog | paquet

User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
I don't use Pidgin so I'm just guessing, if you look at the bottom of this page http://code.google.com/p/pidgin-knotifications/ (the configuration screen) and if you're using pidgin-knotifications you'll see that Pidgin can use 2 different types of notifications maybe switching will fix your issue

User avatar manchette
Registered Member
OS
i don't understand the link beetween pidgin and kde notification pannel, i did not use this plugin before.
If i add it and allow it both options (kdialog being default, libnotify being the other option) still give me the same behaviour, each time i click the contact list i have the kde pannel that's opened.

User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
I qualified my previous response with "if you're using pidgen-knotifications"

You should test using an alternative de to determine if it's a KDE issue else it's a Pidgen or distro one

As this is no longer a Dolphin issue you should start a new thread in a more appropriate forum, maybe Pidgen's

User avatar manchette
Registered Member
OS
hello ;)

now we can say it's certainly not linked with dolphin, i'd like to understand where this is coming from though, i guess that too many events are catched. Is this KDE or pidgin related ? If KDE i could open another thread nearby ;)
Thanks ;)

User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
As this involves a Plasma applet being triggered to open, I would suggest opening a topic in the Plasma forum, so we can investigate that issue more closely. Pidgin shouldn't be able to trigger it to open.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]http://forum.kde.org/content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
User avatar manchette
Registered Member
OS
ok, thanks, i'll open a thread there.

Reply to topic