Reply to topic

High CPU usage and inacceptable time delay when opening file

hstoellinger
Registered Member
Hello,
I have used Kate under Linux for years and generally find that it does the job very nicely. However, lately, under Linux Mint 17.1 and Kate 4.14.2 I experience two annoying issues:
(1) when opening existing files the CPU-Load goes over the top and it takes ages to open files
(2) even though I use the previously active session, recently opened files are not displayed.
By the way, on my Debian-Wheezy, Kate 4.8.4-1 system everything works fine
I wonder what's wrong in the newer version! :'(
Regards
H. Stoellinger
qba
Registered Member
Hi, sorry for opening old thread but it is first result for "kate high cpu usage" keyword.

I have Ubuntu 20 x64 at the moment and got latest kate 19.12.3.

When I simply open kate without opening any files, it is using 100% of 1 core CPU all the time, anybody else is also facing this problem?
It is annoying, because my laptop is going to be much more noisy when I simply open any text file.
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
Does this also happen with a new user? If not, you probably have settings in katerc that cause this, see ~/.katerc

FWIW: Please always open a new thread when the previous one is older than 6 months.

Currently running Kubuntu 20.10 beta, Plasma 5.19.5, Frameworks 5.74.0, Qt 5.14.2, kernel 5.8.0-25
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...

Reply to topic