Reply to topic

«fstab» in 3 OS

User avatar Arran
Registered Member
OS

«fstab» in 3 OS

Tue May 21, 2019 10:27 am
Hello

I am using at present 3 Operating systems. Kubuntu 14.04, Kubuntu 18.04 and Kubuntu 19.04. The two latter ones are not yet ready to become my standard work horse.

However I have created an «fstab» (19.04) to mount my 9 Data partitions at start, so they are ready when the Human becomes ready.

I now would like to copy the content with the 9 partitions into the present «fstab» in the 2 other OS.

I tried to use Kate by opening the original and then copy the part with the 9 partitions and save it again. This did not work. I did the same with Krusader (ROOT), but this did neither work, the ftabs have not accepted the changes.

Now, I am a loss and would like to get some practical help how to do this with the console. Or any other way which works.

To show you the 3 fstabs, I have them put into a Drobox file you can check by clicking:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mk8nwxw8lyow ... jmNfa?dl=0

Sorry, but I have not found a way to put the pics directly into this forum...

Best greetings from Scotland's nicest holiday island.
Kubuntu 14.04-5 & KDE neon, 64 bits, Nvidia 4800GS, 4MB Ram, 4 core, HP Monitor 2550 x 1600 pixels.

Reply to topic