Reply to topic

Kate bug at startup

hay207
Registered Member

Kate bug at startup

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:05 am
Hi all, when i start my computer, kate opens lots of empty documents/windows, which i close manually,
this happens when i have selected globally restore previous session and in kate restore opened documents, Thanks.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Re: Kate bug at startup

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:15 pm
Sounds almost like working as designed; though perhaps some more details are needed.

Kate provides its own session management to keep track of what things were opened when a session is closed so it can resume your session right back where you left off. The behavior can be configured via Settings -> Configure Kate -> Sessions. You can also configure the sessions themselves using the Sessions menu, including creating, opening, saving and editing the sessions (there's also a widget you can add to the desktop or panel to start a specific kate session).
You might check in Sessions -> Open Session and/or Sessions -> Manage Sessions to see what shows up and clean up any old sessions.
If need be, you can manually edit the sessions, including the "anonymous" default session under $XDG_DATA_HOME/kate.

On top of this, Plasma also has session management set up to remember the things you had open when you logged out so that it can open them up for you when you log in. This behavior can be configured via System Settings -> Startup and Shutdown -> Desktop Session. Depending on how Plasma's and Kate's session management are cooperating, may be contributing to the problem.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
hay207
Registered Member

Re: Kate bug at startup

Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:41 am
There is a screenshot of how many kate windows open at boot/startup

https://ibb.co/6JDzT48

Reply to topic