Reply to topic

How to create a single color schemel in Kate?

User avatar ineuw
Registered Member
I am not a programmer but use Kate extensively as my primary text editor in Linux Mint.

I would like to standardize the color scheme to be the same whatever I edit. On a rare occasion, I modify some bash or javascript code, but component color coding is not necessary for the task. Besides, their different color schemes are distracting and not helping under the circumstances. However, I find the color text to be pleasing, but not different from document to document. How can I implement this? I use the solarized dark theme and looked at my exported kateschema and katehicolor files, but I am lost. :o
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
You can customize the colours in the Profile and of course also make different profiles.

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-42
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...
User avatar ineuw
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:You can customize the colours in the Profile and of course also make different profiles.

Some weeks ago, I installed Kate in both Windows 10 and Linux Mint, hoping to use a single text editor in both.

Spent the last weeks studying both versions and searched the Kate documentation but there is no information on how to configure Kate to use a single universal colour setting for everything and ignore the document type being edited. (which is wrong in any case, javascript is recognized as a Mediawiki Markup) .

In the context of my work, when I must make minor script modification, the color highlights are confusing for a non-programmer. Not only is Kate wrong in guessing the document being edited, but it's irrelevant.

Can you please help?

Reply to topic