Reply to topic

Tidy as Kate External Tool (not working)

duns
Registered Member
OS
As nobody answered to my post in anothet thread (Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:59 am). I re-write it here.

How can get tidy work as external tool? I didn't manage to do it in any way.
My settings

* as executable : tidy
* as argument: -o %{Document:FileName} (or only %{Document:FileName}, or {Document:text}: all unsuccessfully)
* as working directory: %{Document:FilePath}
* save: current document
* output: I tried both Display in pane and Replace current document (and Insert in new document as well)

Nothing to do.
Tidy from terminal works.
Tidy config is symlinked in home as .tidyrc.

What should I do?
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
duns wrote:As nobody answered to my post in anothet thread (Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:59 am). I re-write it here.
What should I do?

Be patient to start with? asking a question at the beginning of the weekend and expecting an answer immediately is a bit hurried, don't you think?

As soon as somebody knows the answer they will answer, you can't hurry people by repeating posts

Currently running Kubuntu 20.10, Plasma 5.19.5, Frameworks 5.74.0, Qt 5.14.2, kernel 5.8.0-43, AMD RENOiR Graphics
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions, makes it easier for us to help ...
duns
Registered Member
OS
Sorry :< . I thought that nobody had viewed a post in a (a bit) old thread...
BTW: there is a way to delete a post? (I tried to delete my post in the other thread, but unsuccessfully).
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
duns wrote:Sorry :< . I thought that nobody had viewed a post in a (a bit) old thread...
BTW: there is a way to delete a post? (I tried to delete my post in the other thread, but unsuccessfully).

I deleted it now

Currently running Kubuntu 20.10, Plasma 5.19.5, Frameworks 5.74.0, Qt 5.14.2, kernel 5.8.0-43, AMD RENOiR Graphics
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions, makes it easier for us to help ...

Reply to topic