Reply to topic

konsole buffering output

bkedryna
Registered Member

konsole buffering output

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:16 pm
Hi. I've been using konsole on fedora for over a year, and it's mostly worked great (sometimes there are issues with copy/paste not working but it's rare and restarting konsole fixes that problem).
Yesterday I've upgraded fedora to version 30 and something very strange started happening to konsole - it's buffering output of every other key. For example, if I type "abcde", I see the a right after i hit the a key, but when i hit b, i don't see b appearing on the screen; when I hit c, b and c show up; when i hit d, nothing happens, and when i hit e, d and e show up.
This effectively makes konsole unusable - it's happening with the enter key too, so if i run a command and enter happens to be the 'buffered' key, then i don't see any output until i type something else. And this makes it a nightmare to use vi.
This is not happening with 'terminal'.

Has anyone even seen anything like it? What could be causing it?
I'm using konsole5-19.04.2-1.fc30.x86_64. My fedora install is inside VirtualBox Version 6.0.10 r132072 (Qt5.6.2)

Thanks
bkedryna
Registered Member

Re: konsole buffering output

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:54 pm
After some more testing, it seems that this is some problem with VirtualBox - it works fine in scaled mode but not in seamless or full screen. Not sure why konsole is affected but terminal isn't though.

Reply to topic