Reply to topic

KDE, Debian and Java terminal application

gujarish
Registered Member
I'm helping a friend at work to get his workstation up. We all use an in-house terminal application quite heavily. We all use some variation of Linux and it's working as intended. When my friend was reinstalling his workstation, I suggested KDE under latest stable Debian release (apt-get install kde-full) -- not because I use KDE myself, but from what I've seen it is quite user friendly (I build my system very differently, but still using Debian). We got things up and running without too much hassle -- looks great and easy to use for someone that doesn't enjoy too much tinkering. However, this java based terminal application doesn't execute as it does on all other systems. It opens up in a new (additional) terminal window, no matter what terminal we try to start it in. I can only assume that KDE has a play in this. I tried to google a lot and did some searching on this forum with little luck (granted, this is probably considered a very specific issue).mobdro lucky patcher kodi

My question is if anyone knows why it opens up in a new, different terminal window -- or better yet -- a solution to the problem. We just wish for this java application to start up in the same terminal it is executed from, as it does everywhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Last edited by gujarish on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar raphaelra
Registered Member
OS
How do you launch the application? Directly with "java -jar ..." in Konsole or do you have a shell script that calls java ?

Reply to topic