Reply to topic

How can I get Calligra Author

betusrod
Registered Member
Posts
1
Karma
0

How can I get Calligra Author  Topic is solved

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:49 pm
I just dowloaded Calligra Author and I have many applications, but I don't see Callibra Author. Can I get it?
philacs
KDE Developer
Posts
27
Karma
0
OS

Re: How can I get Calligra Author

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:23 am
Which operating system or Linux distro you are using?
mcduling
Registered Member
Posts
7
Karma
0

Re: How can I get Calligra Author

Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:08 am
I am a full time author just starting out on book no 42. I would love to be able to write it on Author as a test bed. I use Arch Linux. How may I get a copy of Author if you'd accept me on board?
lueck
Mentor
Posts
195
Karma
2

Re: How can I get Calligra Author

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:36 am
mcduling wrote:I am a full time author just starting out on book no 42. I would love to be able to write it on Author as a test bed. I use Arch Linux. How may I get a copy of Author if you'd accept me on board?

http://www.calligra.org/news/calligra-2-7-4/:
"Arch Linux provides Calligra packages in the [kde-unstable] repository."
mcduling
Registered Member
Posts
7
Karma
0

Re: How can I get Calligra Author

Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:02 am
Thanks, I'll see if I can download and install.
troyka
Registered Member
Posts
3
Karma
0

Re: How can I get Calligra Author

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:03 pm
hi im using peppermint 3 at the moment on an old netbook.
how do i get a copy of author? i have downloaded calligra 1.?? from software center, ive even added repository ppa:neon/ppa as i read somwher to do that.

anyone help? i just want the Author package
User avatar google01103
Manager
Posts
6668
Karma
25

Re: How can I get Calligra Author

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:59 pm
troyka wrote:hi im using peppermint 3 at the moment on an old netbook.
how do i get a copy of author? i have downloaded calligra 1.?? from software center, ive even added repository ppa:neon/ppa as i read somwher to do that.

anyone help? i just want the Author package


did you install the calligraauthor package?


OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

troyka
Registered Member
Posts
3
Karma
0

Re: How can I get Calligra Author

Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:41 am
google01103 wrote:
troyka wrote:hi im using peppermint 3 at the moment on an old netbook.
how do i get a copy of author? i have downloaded calligra 1.?? from software center, ive even added repository ppa:neon/ppa as i read somwher to do that.

anyone help? i just want the Author package


did you install the calligraauthor package?


yes, i downloaded, and installed, from software center, is author available as a individual download?
or
the version of calligra in my software manager is 1.xx is there a deb download of a later version with author?
User avatar google01103
Manager
Posts
6668
Karma
25

Re: How can I get Calligra Author

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:44 am


OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

troyka
Registered Member
Posts
3
Karma
0

Re: How can I get Calligra Author

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:00 am


thank you, i had been looking all over for that :)
thorstenpanknin
Registered Member
Posts
2
Karma
0

Re: How can I get Calligra Author

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:24 pm
Hi,

I'm on Archlinux and cannot find any package containing Author. I read about the [kde-unstable] repository for early Calligra packages, then found out that Calligra is available in [extras]. I can't find it. I know this should go to the Arch community, but I am stumped at how to find Author itself. Is Author embedded inside Words, is it its own application? I saw screenshots of Author from the Calligra 2.6 release, current stable version is 2.7.x

Cheers,

Thorsten
User avatar google01103
Manager
Posts
6668
Karma
25

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:49 pm
thorstenpanknin wrote:Hi,

I'm on Archlinux and cannot find any package containing Author. I read about the [kde-unstable] repository for early Calligra packages, then found out that Calligra is available in [extras]. I can't find it. I know this should go to the Arch community, but I am stumped at how to find Author itself. Is Author embedded inside Words, is it its own application? I saw screenshots of Author from the Calligra 2.6 release, current stable version is 2.7.x

Cheers,

Thorsten


it appears to be included in Calligra-words in ARCH, see https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extr ... gra-words/ and look in the "package contents" section (need to click on it to have it display)


OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

thorstenpanknin
Registered Member
Posts
2
Karma
0

Re: How can I get Calligra Author

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:34 pm
Thanks a lot, found it. Will look into package lists next time a similar situation comes up.

 
Reply to topic

Bookmarks



Who is online

Registered users: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], capslock, Dave-P, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], gui-m, Invictus, joshf, kevinbradford, Mero Art, metzman, Pandichi, shantanu, Sogou [Bot], swipe, TheraHedwig, Yahoo [Bot]