Reply to topic

Cannot see text inside tooltips

pizzipie
Registered Member

Cannot see text inside tooltips

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm
Is there a way to change the background color on the tooltips. The tooltips on my installation 5.5.0 are (i think) white on yellow background. I am brand new to digikam and can't find how to change this. It's hard to even come up with the right questions to ask at this point.

PS: I did find Items Tool-Tip Settings
Customize information in item tool-tips
but there is no way to change the font colors
Thanks,

R
DeMus
Registered Member

Re: Cannot see text inside tooltips

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:46 pm
Hi, try this, it worked for me in The Gimp:

Open KDE system settings
Open colors
At the bottom of the window you find a checkbox with text: Apply colors to non Qt- applications
Uncheck that box and reopen Digikam. Now that I write this, it could be that Digikam is Qt so then it won't work.
Just give it a try and if it doesn't work you can choose to check the box again or leave it as it is, cause as I wrote it does work in Gimp.
pizzipie
Registered Member

Wed May 03, 2017 4:39 pm
hi,

I haven't replied as I couldn't find my way back to this forum. Stupid but used kde identity instead of user name.

Anyway - I am using Ubuntu MATE 16.04 which uses gnome. I don't have KDE System settings.
I am trying to run "digikam" and can't see any of the tooltip information because of yellow background and white letters.

Thanks for yor help.

R
kdegnomexc
Registered Member

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:20 pm
pizzipie wrote:hi,

I haven't replied as I couldn't find my way back to this forum. Stupid but used kde identity instead of user name.

Anyway - I am using Ubuntu MATE 16.04 which uses gnome. I don't have KDE System settings.
I am trying to run "digikam" and can't see any of the tooltip information because of yellow background and white letters.

Thanks for yor help.

R

Ditto for me. Running Kdenlive in Linux Mint. Cannot see how to change color of lettering of tooltips to black, or background to a dark color. Would someone please reply with a solution.

Reply to topic