Reply to topic

Corrupted GUI

Windows User
Registered Member

Corrupted GUI

Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:35 pm
When testing Kdenlive on a Windows laptop with the latest graphics drivers, the GUI displays correctly for less than a second and then shows
The latest version is being used. I have already tried resetting the settings. This seemed to happen sometime during 19.x. I haven't been able to trace down the problem version.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: Corrupted GUI

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:08 pm
Confirmed. It seems an Intel graphics 550 issue only . You are on Windows? Which graphic card do you have?
Windows User
Registered Member

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:03 am
It's an older Windows laptop with Intel Graphics 520. Is there a workaround for this issue? Install older graphics drivers?
stephenhawkins
Registered Member

Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:18 am
Merlimau wrote:Confirmed. It seems an Intel graphics 550 issue only . You are on Windows? Which graphic card do you have?

I also facing a same problem with mykfcexperience and Intel graphics 550 and using windows 8.1. what do u think i need to update my system configuration to windows 10 and higher version of Intel Graphics card?
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: Corrupted GUI  Topic is solved

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:24 pm
Intel graphic driver x.6890 and x.6912 seems it interferes with dbus-daemon.exe.

Installing Intel graphic driver x.6709 solves the issue. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... CH-Drivers.
Windows User
Registered Member

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:52 am
Any other current workarounds besides downgrading the drivers? I guess just wait until a compatible driver update is released?
Merlimau
Registered Member

Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:10 am
Unfortunately, no. Driver x.6709 from this April is compatible with all Win10 versions up to 19.03. I tested x.6709 successfully on my laptop. As you see here https://drivers.softpedia.com/blog/inte ... 6473.shtml the x.6912 update has problems with other software as well. In Kdenlive it seems x.6890 and x.6912 interferes with Dbus-daemon which handle the data flow to the screen. Dbus-daemon is not maintained from Kdenlive. You can wait on an updated Intel driver.
Windows User
Registered Member

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:26 pm
I would like to confirm that this issue seems to be mostly fixed. When I use the latest daily build of Kdenlive on Windows 10 with the latest Intel graphics drivers, I still get see a corrupted GUI after opening Kdenlive. The only way to resolve this is to choose Settings > OpenGL Backend > OpenGLES from the menu. I can't see the menu when the GUI is corrupt but I can click where the menu should be. A quick test of Kdenlive after doing this seems fixed.

Reply to topic