Reply to topic

GLSL effects don't work

msirapian
Registered Member

GLSL effects don't work

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:41 pm
Hi

I'm using kdenlive in Debian (0.9.6). I would like to use the GLSL effects, but everytime I drag and drop such an effect, I get an error in red in the status bar saying it couldn't be applied.

I've searched the internet and google, I don't find anything about the GLSL effects and what should be done to enable them.

To be more specific, I use the deb-multimedia repository.

Thanks for your help

Massis
msirapian
Registered Member

Re: GLSL effects don't work

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:45 pm
Hi

a couple of months ago, I still get the same error (effect can not be added), with an up to date "unstable" Debian.

Do I have to enable/configure something to be able to use these GLSL effects?

Thank you for your help
ttguy

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:55 pm
What are GLSL effects ?
markoc
Registered Member

Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:58 pm
There is a new effect library called movit by Steinar Gunderson, which uses the OpenGL shading language (GLSL), which uses graphic card acceleration. It is supported by MLT. I haven't yet tried it, but I guess you must have OpenGL support for your graphic card installed and working, to use these effects.

http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entr ... processing
User avatar kevin-deldycke
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:11 pm
I just experienced issues with Moveit initialization. As it might be of interests to people on this thread, here is the corresponding ticket on the bug tracker: http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=3231

Reply to topic