Reply to topic

URGENT: bugs in audio, kids project due tomorow

Gingerling
Registered Member
Posts
79
Karma
0
Hi, I have been doing stop motion animation all week with some 5 year old's for their holiday club and I am supposed to show them their animation tomorow for the last day of club. We have made sounds effects and the files are fine, but in the last few hours the clips keep distorting and bugging up both in playback and after render. Like so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L7ffNNT ... e=youtu.be

I have tried

Making the clip again from the master clip
Rendering only audio
Rendering lossless
moving the clip
shorterning and lengthening the clip
Checked the audio levels

If I put any random bit of sound into the same place on the time line the same distorion occours within it. Its as if those bits of the timeline are damaged. :(

I am using

Version 0.9.6
Using KDE Development Platform 4.10.5

On fedora 18.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Anna
User avatar scummos
KDE Developer
Posts
616
Karma
4
OS
I unfortunately can't help you with kdenlive in any way, but since you need a somewhat-working solution quickly, you could try cutting (parts of?) the audio with another audio editor, e.g. audacity, and try either adding the file it creates to the clip, or even playing it back in parallel (sucks of course but as a last resort...).

You could also try to transcode the audio files to another format and try to read that in kdenlive.

Good luck,
Sven


User avatar google01103
Manager
Posts
4960
Karma
17
OS
try asking on their irc channel #kdenlive

if you don't have a chat client you can try using http://www.kdenlive.org/irc


OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
Gingerling
Registered Member
Posts
79
Karma
0
Hi, gingerling here (for some reason I have two logins? passwords on auto complete and don't remeber them, lol)

Anyway - I belive the problem was caused by the file format (WMA?) of the audio files which i made with my dictaphone. I only discoved this was a nasty format when i tried to open file in audacity (thanks for the tip, it found me my soultion!)

To solve I converted them usind vlc to just mp3 files, and then I had to replace the clips. Luckity only a few clips were bugging so I didnt have to rebuild all the sound.

I will post the finished video for you to see - thanks both for replies :)

KDEnlive IS getting better slowly in terms of stability etc, but these problems do crop up from time to time still eh :(

Anna
klaatu
Registered Member
Posts
13
Karma
0
As a general rule, in any NLE, you should try to avoid working with already compressed source files. I invariably convert sound files to .wav for use in video projects, regardless of what NLE or platform I'm using. It's not always necessary, but it certainly avoids weird issues like the one you have described.

 
Reply to topic

Bookmarks



Who is online

Registered users: aliabee, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], garthecho, gldvorak, Google [Bot], Hans, koriun, La Ninje, onesandzeros, Yahoo [Bot]