Reply to topic

Auto suppress audio tracks?

eezacque
Registered Member

Auto suppress audio tracks?

Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:54 pm
Does kdenlive have a facility which allows me to suppress audio on one track, say background music, if another track, say voice over, plays louder than a given volume?
User avatar CorrosiveTruths
Registered Member
OS

Re: Auto suppress audio tracks?

Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:18 pm
eezacque wrote:Does kdenlive have a facility which allows me to suppress audio on one track, say background music, if another track, say voice over, plays louder than a given volume?

No, but you can export the track you need to duck and use Audacity's autoduck and then reimport the final mixed sound file back into kdenlive. That's how I do it.
eezacque
Registered Member

Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:34 pm
CorrosiveTruths wrote:
eezacque wrote:Does kdenlive have a facility which allows me to suppress audio on one track, say background music, if another track, say voice over, plays louder than a given volume?

No, but you can export the track you need to duck and use Audacity's autoduck and then reimport the final mixed sound file back into kdenlive. That's how I do it.

That means you need to export two tracks and reimport one?
noccy
Registered Member

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:04 pm
I'm trying to figure this out too. There is a compressor in avfilter (called just "Compressor (avfilter)", under audio effects) which appears to have a sidechain input, or at least an option for sidechain gain. But I'm not sure how to connect the sidechain input... Any ideas?

Reply to topic