Reply to topic

audio clips corrupting after cutting and saving

dlanced
Registered Member
I recently began noticing that sometimes (but not always) when I cut an audio clip into two parts and then save and render the project, it will corrupt the clip - moving a second or two of audio a distance backwards or forwards. The visual clip on the timeline will now not match the actual sound as it plays.
Before I invest the time digging into .kdenlive files and logs, I should mention that I'm still running Ubuntu 14.04 and, therefore, using Kdenlive Version 0.9.6 on Development Platform 4.13.3. I don't see any more recent Kdenlive version available for 14.04: should I just wait until I eventually upgrade to 16.04 and the problem will probably disappear, or is it likely that there's something that needs fixing?
Thanks,
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
What kind of audio clips, mp3 (lossy compression)?

Either you choose the right job for the tool, or the right tool for the job.
dlanced
Registered Member
Stetsbequem wrote:What kind of audio clips, mp3 (lossy compression)?

Yes, MP3 (MPEG-1 Layer 3).
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
Replace the mp3's by lossless. Sometimes it helps.

ffmpeg -i audioclip.mp3 audioclip.wav
or
ffmpeg -i audioclip.mp3 -c:a flac audioclip.flac

Either you choose the right job for the tool, or the right tool for the job.
dlanced
Registered Member
Thanks! I would imagine that will increase the size of my videos...but it might be worth it.
I'll give it a try over the next week or so and report back.
dlanced
Registered Member
I've produced three videos (totaling around 16 minutes) using .flac audio and haven't seen any corruption yet. Looks good so far!
capslock
Registered Member
OS
You can help others by marking the thread as sloved. :-)

Reply to topic