Reply to topic

How To Keep Alpha Channel in Rendered Video?

alsamman
Registered Member
Hey everyone,

I would like to create a separate rendered clip showing my social media links which I can place into all of my future videos easily instead of manually adding them every time. The thing is, when I render it as an mp4, it makes the background black. How can I keep the background transparent so that I can place this clip on top of other videos? I tried rendering as an .flv but that makes the background green. When I use one of the alpha effects to select the green background, it makes it transparent, but it you can still see little bits of green around the icons and text. I would like an alternative that looks much better.

Thanks.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Alpha rendering is unfortunately not possible with Kdenlive. Kdenlive has per default a black background which gets rendered and which we cannot "remove" for rendering.

You can try with Shotcut and using either MOV (codec: qtrle) or AVI (mlt_image_format=rgb24a, pix_fmt=argb). Search for render “alpha” in Shotcut.

Reply to topic