Reply to topic

Practice work. Warcraft 3 fan-art.

User avatar DNart
Registered Member
OS

Practice work. Warcraft 3 fan-art.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:16 am
Hello,

Did a fun practice piece a while back. Morphing 2 Heroes from the game Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne, into one. Any Warcraft 3 fans here? ;D

Completely painted in Krita. No photos, just textured brushes.

For High-Res version: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1n66o3

Hope you like it! ;D

User avatar mcoudert
Registered Member
OS
Nice work. i've looked your artstation page, do you use dedicated brushes or photobashing for the texture in your landscapes (rocks, buildings...)? i'm curious to know/see your process for that in Krita ;)

Huion KAMVAS Pro 20 - Windows 10
User avatar DNart
Registered Member
OS
mcoudert wrote:Nice work. i've looked your artstation page, do you use dedicated brushes or photobashing for the texture in your landscapes (rocks, buildings...)? i'm curious to know/see your process for that in Krita ;)

Hi, glad you liked the work. Yes I use my custom brushes for the textures in landscapes, except for architecture where I sometimes photobash when I need specific details or the work demands more photorealism. Like the horror game concepts that I made, they are all photobashes over a rough concept art.

But, the piece in this post is all brushes. The brushes that I use are, for the most part tweaks made over the default krita brushes. Also I have made some tilt sensitive elongated textured brushes that are made to resemble how the traditional palette knives work. I use those for most of my textures.

But for most part, it's just usual layering, masking and inherit alpha stuff.

Cheers!

User avatar mcoudert
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for the explanation ;)

User avatar DNart
Registered Member
OS
mcoudert wrote:Thanks for the explanation ;)

No problem.

Btw, saw your signature so how is this Huion Kamvas Pro 20? Does it work well with Krita? Ay issues you ran into? I'm thinking of getting a Kamvas pro myself so wanted to know a little about that.

Thanks in advance.

User avatar mcoudert
Registered Member
OS
hello, no, no issues on Windows 10, everything works : pressure/tilt/stylus buttons ;)

User avatar DNart
Registered Member
OS
mcoudert wrote:hello, no, no issues on Windows 10, everything works : pressure/tilt/stylus buttons ;)

Wow, that's reassuring. Thanks.

User avatar alexeyost
Registered Member
Cool! 8)
User avatar DNart
Registered Member
OS
alexeyost wrote:Cool! 8)

Thanks! Glad you like it.

User avatar alexeyost
Registered Member
Old Illidan said: Time is regret nobody! ;D