Reply to topic

UI consistency with brush editor

User avatar scottpetrovic
Registered Member
OS

UI consistency with brush editor

Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:24 am
I noticed that quite a few sections in Krita have these 'other' type of sliders

I was seeing if it was ok if I start converting them all to the blue sliders that we use everywhere else. I kind of don't want to start any larger UI changes for this release since it is quite far in the development cycle. This might be a good clean up task while I have some time.
User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS
I would like that :-)
cestarian
Registered Member
OS
Might be nice to have an option to toggle between these slider types, I actually think the blue sliders are really really ugly :-\

Or perhaps the better solution would be to revamp them a little, make them look a bit nicer, although slider design isn't exactly my strongest area (really, whose is it?) ;)

but the first thing that comes to mind that would make me feel more comfortable about them would be adding indicators to them. Something like this or that. It just feels more comfortable to have somewhere on the slider to click, if you know what I mean (since some sliders after all take jumps in the general direction you click if you don't click on the indicator)

Another thing that could help make them feel a bit more comfortable would be leads (or I don't know what it's called, just like in your old sliders where you have lines beneath the slider to help measure where exactly you are in relation to the left and right ends, if you're in the middle, or near the middle)

Reply to topic