Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:14 pm
I was spent some time creating some color palettes using the web site http://www.cssdrive.com/imagepalette/ and them dumping the results down to .ACO files. When I opened them up in Krita they seemed a little off. Some of the colors seemed muted so I took the same .ACO files and loaded them into GIMP and compared them. They was a definite discrepancy between them. Gimp was much closer to the original. I set up another, simpler trial using a color wheel. The results are below:
The color swatches that the program detected and would write into the .ACO file are below:
The resulting Krita palette after loading the .ACO file is below:
The Krita colors are muted and washed out compared to the original
The same .ACO loaded in Gimp:
All 3 sets of swatches
You can see that, while the Gimp palette isn't 100%, the Krita colors are significantly off. I also did a test where I took the Specific Color Selector, entered the value cc0000 and then painted using a flat color brush. When I sampled the color with the dropper I found it was all cc101. I thought that was kind of odd.
The methodology of comparison here seemed straightforward so I wanted to check with you to see if this is a known issue or if something is off in the way that I'm thinking and looking at this.
Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:25 pm
This is a known bug, Krita isn't dealing with the embedded icc profile right.