Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:00 am
I'm using KDE 5 Manjaro linux on btrfs on lvm on luks.
My computer hung and I had to turn pc off by keeping finger on power button.
On reboot, and logging into same account (lets call it olduser) the following happened:-
1. All my icons vanished from menu, including all app icons from all submenus.
2. Can't right click on desktop
3. All icons from desktop vanished
4. Icons from taskbar were still there, so these are the only applications I can start (included terminal)
5. Searching in menu couldn't find any applications
6. Alt-f2 couldn't search for any applications either
using terminal I created a newuser. Everything is fine when I log into newuser.
How can I restore all my icons in olduser?
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:28 pm
You'll probably want to examine the contents of ~/.config and ~/.local/share for the old and new users, checking to make sure the permissions are set correctly and comparing them between the old and new users to see what's different.
Of particular interest for examining and restoring the state of the desktop would be ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc and possibly ~/.config/plasmarc and/or ~/.config/plasmashellrc.
airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.