Reply to topic

Event Calendar locks up Plasma

User avatar Eazy
Registered Member
OS

Event Calendar locks up Plasma

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:48 pm
Hi!
I like Event Calendar plasmoid (https://store.kde.org/p/998901/) and find it very useful. Since I upgraded to (new install) of Debian 10.2 Event Calendar no longer works properly. It installs and it starts, but when I rightclick to go to settings, the settings frezes. The windows duplicates whats on the desktop and I have to ctrl+alt+delete and log out. I made a screenshoot of how it looks when the settings window comes up: http://www.bronsaldersvagen.se/Eazy/eventc.png

I tried to run it in a console to see if I could see some error message and I saw only this:
Code: Select all
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/configuration/AppletConfiguration.qml:133:9: QML RowLayout: Detected anchors on an item that is managed by a layout. This is undefined behavior; use Layout.alignment instead.

I don't know if that error message has something to do with my problem.

When I installed KDE, I installed "plasma-desktop" as I wanted a slim install of KDE. Could the problem be that I miss a dependency needed by Event Calendar?

Edit:
Some information:
Fresh Debian 10,2 Stable also tested on Fresh Debian 10,2 Testing
Using Nvidia gfx and tried both nvidia-drivers from repository and from Nvidia's site (.run)
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Event Calendar locks up Plasma

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:43 pm
Since this is a Third-Party provided widget, you should report in to its author, in the store.

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-46
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...
User avatar Eazy
Registered Member
OS

Re: Event Calendar locks up Plasma

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:54 pm
Mamarok wrote:Since this is a Third-Party provided widget, you should report in to its author, in the store.

I did report it on git Event Calendar. Asked here in case someone else might had the same problem and maybe solved it.

Reply to topic