Reply to topic

[SOLVED] Force specific Activity to start at login/boot

User avatar zachalexy
Registered Member
OS
Hi, I have setup a few Activities, works very well. Now I combine Activities with Special Application Settings to force certain apps to start in specified Activities. Now at login I want to always start in Activity nr 3. Is it possible to force this? Already been messing around with a login script with this line: kwriteconfig5 --file kactivitymanagerdrc --group main --key currentActivity --type string 7a60a2c8-9a14-4002-8cb7-8b66f25c62sj (and the script runs fine) but I'm not opening on this Activity. Maybe caused by starting applications on other Activities but I can't seem to prevent this. Thx, regards, Zach

Last edited by zachalexy on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
You can choose "Force" to apply Special Application Settings, works fine for me, but I just did this directly in the Settings of the application (right click on the window title -> More Actions -> Special Application Settings and choose the Activities entry from there).

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-42
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...
User avatar raphaelra
Registered Member
OS
zachalexy wrote:/.../ I want to always start in Activity nr 3. Is it possible to force this?

Is this not a purpose for KDE session management ? Just try if this helps
Code: Select all
kcmshell5 kcmsmserver
User avatar zachalexy
Registered Member
OS
Hi, thx for your help. I always start with a clean/new session. Solved my issue by reducing the number of Activities and shuffled a bit in Autostart and where certain applications are placed. Now at boot nicely starting in my "main" Activity. Regards, Zach

Reply to topic