Reply to topic

Stop screen automatically dimming

User avatar mercurial
Registered Member
OS

Stop screen automatically dimming

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 am
I'm watching videos and the screen automatically dims (not locks). This seem unrelated to any of the energy saving settings which I've configured to give minimal interruption to what I'm doing. It happens when I'm using AC power with Screen Brightness, Dim Screen, Screen Energy Saving and Suspend session all deselected.

Any thoughts?
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
There is some serious lack of information here: exact Plasma version, graphic system and drivers, application used to play the videos, etc.

FWIW: I can't reproduce this here at all with both Firefox and VLC

Currently running Kubuntu 20.10, Plasma 5.19.5, Frameworks 5.74.0, Qt 5.14.2, kernel 5.8.0-44, AMD RENOiR Graphics
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions, makes it easier for us to help ...
User avatar mercurial
Registered Member
OS

Re: Stop screen automatically dimming

Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:55 pm
Sorry, it was a bit uninformative. Anyway, it seems to have fixed itself. Thanks.

Mamarok wrote:There is some serious lack of information here: exact Plasma version, graphic system and drivers, application used to play the videos, etc.

FWIW: I can't reproduce this here at all with both Firefox and VLC

Reply to topic