Reply to topic

Keyboard and mouse not getting detected at login screen

XxMoNsTeR
Registered Member
OS
I have installed the latest version of KDE Neon today and for some reason my USB Keyboard and USB Mouse don't get detected, the mouse actually gets detected after 1 minute of being on the login screen which allows me to use the virtual keyboard to login in the system, but the keyboard seems to not get detected at all.

I've had the keyboard issue before on my other linux installation (Ubuntu 14.04), but there it sometimes detected it and it sometimes didn't, but this time it doesn't seem to detect it at all (Keyboard model: Corsair K95 RGB).

What should I do to fix this? I remember I also installed an open source driver for the keyboard on Ubuntu 14.04 but I can't try installing it without a keyboard or is there a way to temporarily use a virtual keyboard on KDE?

(I hope I posted on the right forum section, I didn't find a place where it was specifically for questions)

EDIT: It seems to work now, although I'm not sure if it will work on every boot.
kevinthomas
Registered Member
OS
It' similiar but, In my case the touchpad (ELAN Synaptics) has stopped working after the screen turning off and getting on login screen, it not worked even after loging in and i tried enabling it in both keys (fn + F1 in my case) and by the system settings with a usb mouse but somehow it worked fine after a reboot and i can't reproduce the problem anymore, i has using firefox at the moment and the KDE neon version was from around february and if in case it happens again i'll report it with logs or something else.

Reply to topic