Reply to topic

Discover "Update button" not activated

User avatar valtermura
Registered Member
OS
Hi All,

since some days ago, in my Discover the "Update All" button isn't activated, even if there are updates. I think this is a strange behaviour.

I can normally update through "Muon".

The only change I made in my system is changing the server from "Server in Italy" to "Main server".

Any workaround? Or should I open a bug report?

TIA,
Valter

Valter
Open Source is better!
La bici non consuma e non produce emissioni, non ingombra e non fa rumore:
è un mezzo ecologico per definizione e ad alta efficienza energetica.
La bicicletta migliora il traffico, l'ambiente, la salute e l'umore.
eggomanic
Registered Member
Same for me, just a greyed out update button. I had to wait till they tray icon popped up with "New Updates Available" then click on that to get it to work. ;)
User avatar robgriff444
Registered Member
I'm on Neon Dev Stable, there are a few bug reports about this and it seems to come and go with updates to Discover and maybe even the weather! They are looking at it so it will get fixed soon.

For now, close Discover and restart and it should be ok.

Btw, KDE uses the following for system updates (not sure if the Debian updater might introduce niggles?):

Code: Select all
sudo pkcon refresh && pkcon update
User avatar valtermura
Registered Member
OS
robgriff444 wrote:I'm on Neon Dev Stable, there are a few bug reports about this and it seems to come and go with updates to Discover and maybe even the weather! They are looking at it so it will get fixed soon.

For now, close Discover and restart and it should be ok.

Btw, KDE uses the following for system updates (not sure if the Debian updater might introduce niggles?):

Code: Select all
sudo pkcon refresh && pkcon update

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Presently I'm using Muon for updates. Do you think it is better to update with pkcon command?

Valter
Open Source is better!
User avatar robgriff444
Registered Member
I guess it's up to you - I don't 'expect' a problem but I use it in place of apt because 1) KDE told me to! and 2) because of the way apt housecleans i.e. autoremove. I don't know how pkcon handles this so I use KDE tools where I can and then apt tools when I must. I'm just being technically cautious, I've not heard anyone say that they don't easily coexist and I must therefore assume things work most of the time.
User avatar valtermura
Registered Member
OS
Well, presently I find Muon better than the pkcon commands. Today I updated almost two hundred of packets, pkcon returns to me an error that I solved with Muon.

But Discover still having the same problems... I'm going to open a bug.

Valter
Open Source is better!

Reply to topic