Reply to topic

Session lost on USB type C disconnect

kleag
KDE Developer
OS
Hi,

I have a new laptop which is connected to a dock by USB type C. The dock has 2 external screens connected to it and the laptop screen closed.

When I disconnect the laptop from the dock, the session is killed before the PC going to sleep. On the contrary, when I use the PC on its screen, the session is just suspended when I close the screen and reactivated if I connect to the dock.

I havn't found any configuration setting related to that and no clue on the Web. Any idea ?

Gaël

P.S.: I forgot to give information about my hardware and software. DELL Latitude 5590 + dock DELL WD 19 + up to date Neon User Edition
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
Check the system settings, is the laptop also powered through the dock? That might give a clue...

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-32
FWIW: it is always useful to state the Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...

Reply to topic