Reply to topic

Installing x2go server on KDE5

Silicomancer
Registered Member

Installing x2go server on KDE5

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:43 pm
Has someone successfully installed x2go server on a KDE5 system (especially KDE Neon 18.04)?
User avatar raphaelra
Registered Member
OS

Re: Installing x2go server on KDE5

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:21 pm
I (try) to use x2so since two days ...

The instalation was easy. The first attempt with x2goclient failed. There is no startkde in KDE Neon, but a link to startplasma-x11 in /usr/bin helps. x2go has not or has limited support for Open GL. That is why many applications doesn't work. The kontact suite (kmail, akregator, ...) doesn't work. I can't see any plasmoids on desktop. I have not yet tested printer redirection and sound ...

But the performace over a 100/50 (down/up) MBit internet link is great :)

Neon 5.18, Plasma 5.18.3, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.14.1, Kernel 5.3.0-40-generic (64bit)
User avatar boospy007
Registered Member
OS

Re: Installing x2go server on KDE5

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:10 am
The only way is to use KDE as Terminalserver ist to install nomachine for workstation. The cheapest one is about 105 Euro (4 virtual sessions at the same time). You can buy it once. The support is really professional. With this it looks like an Windows Terminalserver. But Nomachine is much more. You can use the whole graphics from the server on your client. We played steam over it :)

With the free version you can only use it like VNC mit much more features, but test it.

Reply to topic