Same issue here.

Kubuntu 18.04 (Ubuntu Studio Version)
KDE Plasma 5.12.9
KDE Frameworks 5.44.0
tonysnc
Registered Member

Re: Google Drive access not working

Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:36 am
I was able to fix this manually on my system. I experience some of the same issues most people here referenced: setup the account with 2FA, it showed up just as "(Google)" in the Online Accounts page, and kio-gdrive (via Dolphin) wouldn't go anywhere with it. So following the instructions here https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=414219 plus a few extra steps, I made it work. Basically you may need to do these steps:
Code: Select all
sqlite3 ~/.config/libaccounts-glib/accounts.db
.dump Accounts

Get the account id for your Google account (the first column). If this is your only account it is probably 1, but verify.
update Accounts set name = '[email protected]' where id = 1;
update Settings set value = '[email protected]' where account = 1 and key = 'name';
update Settings set value = '[email protected]' where account = 1 key = 'username';

Certainly change the email address to yours and the ID number and account number in those SQL commands to the ID identified first.

After that I was able to refresh Online Accounts and see my account listed properly, then go visit Google Drive in Dolphin and see my files!

I hope that helps someone.
Al Muckart
Registered Member

Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:49 am
Thanks tonysnc for those steps. They helped once I'd persuaded kaccounts to actually create the Google account.

I have no idea why it worked, but creating an account in the sqlite db with:
INSERT INTO Accounts VALUES(1,'[email protected]','google',1);

but not creating anything in the settings etc. meant that when I next tried to create the account it worked and inserted the information into the database.

At that point I could use your commands, substituting 2 for 1 in the ID, to rename the account and set the username properly.

After restarting Dolphin it worked.
stoolpigeon
Registered Member
OS

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:36 am
This was so helpful. Thank you for posting the sql lite fix it really saved my day.
bfeltman
Registered Member
OS

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:06 pm
For me above solution doesnt fully work.
After @Al Muckart step and then @tonysnc I was able to see my gmail account in Dolphin > network > Google Drive > my email account but then there is "unknown error".

PRAGMA foreign_keys=OFF;
BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE Accounts (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,name TEXT,provider TEXT,enabled INTEGER);
INSERT INTO Accounts VALUES(1,'[email protected]','google',1);
CREATE TRIGGER tg_delete_account BEFORE DELETE ON Accounts FOR EACH ROW BEGIN DELETE FROM Settings WHERE account = OLD.id; END;
COMMIT;
sqlite>
mtk0
Registered Member

Mon May 18, 2020 8:06 pm
i just want to confirm that as of 05/18/2020, this problem *still* exists (on a fresh fedora 32 KDE install). and the work-around of inserting a dummy entry into Accounts, followed by attempting to create an entry from System Settings/Online Accounts, followed by patching the newly created entry in the Accounts & Settings tables still *works*! thanks!
User avatar robertotamburrino
Registered Member
OS

Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm
I can't open google drive in dolphin on kde neon user, it asks me for email and password, but after date it gives me error: "Functionality Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app
This app has not yet been verified by Google and therefore cannot use the Sign in with Google feature. "
How do I go about starting gdrive in dolphin? :( since I'm not a programmer, can you tell me the steps to do from the terminal?

Reply to topic