Reply to topic

Can't open files on desktop by double clicking on them.

mansul
Registered Member
I actually can, but have to keep clicking on the file a hundred times and click ridiculously fast. I'm guessing the people that had this bug a few months ago would have been able to open files if they had clicked much faster and more. I've only learned of this a few days ago.

So how can I fix this? Other files elsewhere open normally, don't have to click really fast to open them. I have the latest KDE Neon and plasma.
User avatar xanadux
Registered Member
OS
Does it have to be a double click ?

Files on my desktop open perfectly if you use the single click method.

Acer Aspire TC-120 Desktop. 8GB RAM.
mansul
Registered Member
Single click works fine, but I don't want a single click to open stuff.
User avatar xanadux
Registered Member
OS
For testing purposes I enabled double click on my pc and I was able to open files and folders in the desktop area without any problems. So, it would seem that you are one of the few people that are experiencing this issue.

You could try using the "Defaults" or "Reset" buttons in the "Workspace Behaviour" screen to see if that helps at all.

Last edited by xanadux on Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Acer Aspire TC-120 Desktop. 8GB RAM.
mansul
Registered Member
That's not really a solution.

Is there no solution?
joninchaurbe
Registered Member
OS
Have you tried changing mouse configurations?
I am not in front of my computer (and I haven't desktop configuration) but I think there's a configuration for clicking velocity or something so.
mansul
Registered Member
Yes, joninchaurbe. The current clicking velocity is fine for files everywhere except on the desktop. And when I change it, the change is effective, and files open with faster or slower clicks. But they do not effect stuff that's on the desktop.
mansul
Registered Member
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
mansul wrote:Bump.

Why?

Mamarok, hanging out in the Amarok forum since August, 2007
Currently running Kubuntu 19.10, Plasma 5.17.5, Frameworks 5.66.0, Qt 5.12.4, kernel 5.3.0-26

Reply to topic