Reply to topic

how to upgrade kde neon to latest version

tbutton
Registered Member
how to upgrade kde neon to latest version
User avatar raphaelra
Registered Member
OS
From which version do you want to upgrade ?

In general pckon ("sudo pckon refresh && sudo pckon -y update") is your friend.
Discovery is a GUI tool to manage updates.
Ich you want to upgrade the distro (Ubuntu) version KDE Neon is based on, look at "apt dist-upgrade"
User avatar claydoh
Registered Member
OS
tbutton wrote:how to upgrade kde neon to latest version

You already should be in the latest Neon version, automatically.

As Neon has a 'rolling' Plasma, etc, you always have the latest versions of those, if you are updating regularly.
The underlying OS (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) is also up to date, as long as you are doing the regular updates.

At some point after the next Ubuntu LTS is released (20.04, in April), Neon will offer a prompt to upgrade the whole OS to the new LTS.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
User avatar raphaelra
Registered Member
OS
claydoh wrote:At some point after the next Ubuntu LTS is released (20.04, in April), Neon will offer a prompt to upgrade the whole OS to the new LTS.

Did you already upgraded Neon distro successfully? My two attempts to upgrade Kubuntu went wrong. Is it reliable with Neon ?
User avatar claydoh
Registered Member
OS
raphaelra wrote:
claydoh wrote:At some point after the next Ubuntu LTS is released (20.04, in April), Neon will offer a prompt to upgrade the whole OS to the new LTS.

Did you already upgraded Neon distro successfully? My two attempts to upgrade Kubuntu went wrong. Is it reliable with Neon ?

I run Kubuntu on my PC and Neon on my laptop. I have always upgraded Kubuntu with success, with only a dead hdd breaking the string gong back to 13.04.
I upgraded my Neon from 16.04 to 18.04 without issue as well.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
User avatar mick
Registered Member

Thank you. That is good to know.

Mick

Reply to topic