Reply to topic

audio input fails from laptop mic and Kmix, Alsa vol no go

pwrcul
Registered Member
OS
??? Standard controls don't seem to work well both for audio record and playback from Youtube, etc. and mic input from Audacity, Zoom, Skype also fail even when I use system settings, Kmix, Also Volume Control to adjust them.
This has been an episodic issue with this Transformer 3 Pro laptop under Neon for a long time, and I have not figured it out. In this virus threatened era it is troubling to have a Linux issue like this unsolved.

I hope to use Zoom on Monday afternoon Calif time for a meeting.
Last attempt I was able to get a workaround with a USB mic on a headset, but that is also not reliable.

Today I can use Skype under Win 10 (but not Skype under Neon) and may line up a trial with Zoom after I download it to Win 10 so I have a workaround.

I read a bunch of past postings on other forums and did the following to get some sense of my setup, but I am not able to interpret it all.
aplay --list-devices
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC295 Analog [ALC295 Analog]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 10: HDMI 4 [HDMI 4]

I will go across town and check back again in about an hour and check in over the weekend around the clock.

Neon 5.18 User, Plasma 5.18.3 on desktop and on Asus Transformer 3 Pro laptop

Reply to topic