Reply to topic

Make sudo applications use breeze-dark theme

HinzundKunz
Registered Member
OS
Hi everyone,

I have switched to use Breeze-dark theme, and generally it is working fine. But when I start synaptics, it displays in normal Breeze theme. The same happens if I start a program from konsole with sudo (e.g. partitionmanager). Any hints how to change this?

Operating System: KDE neon 5.19
KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.73.0
Qt Version: 5.14.2
Kernel Version: 5.4.0-42-generic
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 7.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: GeForce 940MX/PCIe/SSE2
User avatar abury
Registered Member
OS
Mmmm... did you tweak the GNOME/GTK Application Style to explicitly choose the dark theme?

KDE neon 5.20 - Plasma 5.20.5 - Frameworks 5.78 - Qt 5.15.2 - Kernel 5.4.0-60
beerislife
Registered Member
You could set root apps to use the dark theme in root settings:

sudo -i systemsettings5

I had problems with extra large fonts in some sudo apps (Partition Editor) and setting them to the same size as user fixed it.
User avatar abury
Registered Member
OS
beerislife wrote:You could set root apps to use the dark theme in root settings...

+1 awesome!
and here I was logging in as root user to make these system changes
thank you for that tip!

KDE neon 5.20 - Plasma 5.20.5 - Frameworks 5.78 - Qt 5.15.2 - Kernel 5.4.0-60
HinzundKunz
Registered Member
OS
Funny thing is, if I do sudo -i systemsettings5, then I cannot change gtk themes - the module just doesn't show up... Also, systemsettings appear in normal Breeze theme, although I have chosen Breeze-dark...
HinzundKunz
Registered Member
OS
abury wrote:Mmmm... did you tweak the GNOME/GTK Application Style to explicitly choose the dark theme?

Yes, I did that, and it works with normal applications, but not with applications that use sudo mode (like synaptics)
User avatar Merrit
Registered Member
Did you ever figure this out? Same issue, still light theme after choosing dark, the module for GTK settings doesn't exist when run as root..

Reply to topic