Reply to topic

Bring back the Official AssaultCube version of the game

punji
Registered Member
Posts
3
Karma
0
Hi,

I am a new Linux user (six months). I use Linux to browse internet and play AssaultCube. So I recently updated my Neon to 20.04 from 18.04. With this new update, repository and packages are also updated. In these new packages they have removed the official released version of the game (AssaultCube) and put the new Unreleased Alpha/Beta version. You can still play the game but Can't play on certain maps, restriction on map editing and game physics is changed. when you open the game it display the message on the screen that it is not a finished version. Although its shows the official version in the game info. If it is possible, please add the old build version of the game in the repository, which was in 18.04.

Thanks.
User avatar boospy007
Registered Member
Posts
175
Karma
0
OS
Did this not work? https://assault.cubers.net/download.html
Downloaden unpack, play :)

Or you can download the DEB packages:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/m ... _amd64.deb
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/m ... u1_all.deb

I can't tell you whether the dependencies still fit in 20.04.
User avatar claydoh
Registered Member
Posts
712
Karma
5
OS
punji wrote:Hi,

I am a new Linux user (six months). I use Linux to browse internet and play AssaultCube. So I recently updated my Neon to 20.04 from 18.04. With this new update, repository and packages are also updated. In these new packages they have removed the official released version of the game (AssaultCube) and put the new Unreleased Alpha/Beta version. You can still play the game but Can't play on certain maps, restriction on map editing and game physics is changed. when you open the game it display the message on the screen that it is not a finished version. Although its shows the official version in the game info. If it is possible, please add the old build version of the game in the repository, which was in 18.04.

Thanks.


This comes from Ubuntu, so Neon has zero control over this.
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=assaultcube
The version of the game appears identical between 18.04 and 20.04


claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
punji
Registered Member
Posts
3
Karma
0
claydoh wrote:
punji wrote:Hi,

I am a new Linux user (six months). I use Linux to browse internet and play AssaultCube. So I recently updated my Neon to 20.04 from 18.04. With this new update, repository and packages are also updated. In these new packages they have removed the official released version of the game (AssaultCube) and put the new Unreleased Alpha/Beta version. You can still play the game but Can't play on certain maps, restriction on map editing and game physics is changed. when you open the game it display the message on the screen that it is not a finished version. Although its shows the official version in the game info. If it is possible, please add the old build version of the game in the repository, which was in 18.04.

Thanks.


This comes from Ubuntu, so Neon has zero control over this.
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=assaultcube
The version of the game appears identical between 18.04 and 20.04


lol...Ubuntu guys says "we simply copy it from debian, so report them"
punji
Registered Member
Posts
3
Karma
0
boospy007 wrote:Did this not work? https://assault.cubers.net/download.html
Downloaden unpack, play :)

Or you can download the DEB packages:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/m ... _amd64.deb
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/m ... u1_all.deb

I can't tell you whether the dependencies still fit in 20.04.


I tried it last time and it crashed and corrupted my KDE Neon. So I had to reinstall the Neon itself.
User avatar claydoh
Registered Member
Posts
712
Karma
5
OS
punji wrote:lol...Ubuntu guys says "we simply copy it from debian, so report them"


True, this particular package is from the 'multiverse' part of the repos, and is copied from Debian.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repos ... itories.3F

But the end reality is the same. Neon has no say what Ubuntu provides in its repos.


claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
gentrybryant
Registered Member
Posts
3
Karma
0
boospy007 wrote:Did this not work? https://assault.cubers.net/download.html
Downloaden unpack, play :)

Or you can download the DEB packages:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/m ... _amd64.deb
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/m ... u1_all.deb
Here you can read reviews of the best mobile online casinos https://casinosters.com/mobile-casinos/ This can be useful for those who are interested in games or slots.
I can't tell you whether the dependencies still fit in 20.04.

for me this method became effective, everything worked out. thanks for the recommendations.

 
Reply to topic

Bookmarks



Who is online

Registered users: andreaaxx, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], di3, farid, Google [Bot], magkoc, rye, Sogou [Bot]