Reply to topic

Version 3.0.0 for Mac issues

Fivel
Registered Member

Version 3.0.0 for Mac issues

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:43 am
Hello and thank you for all the great work that has gone into this app.
Since the developers of this version want to know of possible bugs. here are a few.
But first my setup. I have an iMac running El Capitan. The iMac has 32GB of Ram and a 1TB SSD.
I was testing and learning by using the simulated telescope and CCD.
1. It was a bit finicky getting the Device Manager to show all the simulated items I chose, at the same time.
2. Then I would get an unexpected app closing, when I tried to open an INDI Control Panel.
When it gave me the option to close a running INDI server, and I selected "Yes", the app would close.
3. When I installed this kstars version and I tried to install the Astrometry Indexes from within kstars, the option for configuration showed where the indexes should be stored. Unfortunately, kstars did not create the paths or folders necessary. I did not know that until I got permissions errors and so the indexes could not be saved.
The location should be: ~usr/local/cellar/astrometry-net/0.73/data, but nothing was created for astrometry in that path.
I manually created the additional paths and folders and was able to save the indexes there.
Should kstars be creating that index saving location when it is installed?

I hope that the new kstars version 3.1.0 will correct these issues.

Thanks again for this (the last version worked better) impressive software package.

Fivel

Reply to topic