Reply to topic

I broke my own kde. DBUS Err. Restarts towards kdm. [SOLVED]

Yczo
Registered Member
OS
Hello to everyone. I'm a newbie user of gentoo and my knowledge is limited but i would like to learn.
I could configure and start kde 4.7 on this system, except kmail, akonadi and mysql....

I was installing and uninstalling that three programs, modifying their settings, trying to fix the problems, when i deleted manually the completly config tree of akonadi and mysl. Suddenly after reboot, kde did not boot again anymore. It tried to start it from kdm and it restarts towards kdm again.

If I review /var/log/kdm.log obtain

Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.
klauncher(3612) kdemain: No DBUS session-bus found. Check if you have started the DBUS server.
kdeinit4: Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
kdmgreet(3606)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): KSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned initialize() D-Bus call failed: "Not connected to D-Bus server"

kdmgreet(3606)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): No time zone information obtained from ktimezoned

Verifying the status of DBUS server

/etc/init.d/dbus status

I obtain that is properly working. supposedly all is ok and i don't know what to do.

Please can anyone guide me for a bit? Any help is wellcome

Salutes.
Salutes....

Last edited by Yczo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Please ensure plasma-desktop and krunner are installed. Also, review the content of ~/.xsession-errors.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]http://forum.kde.org/content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Yczo
Registered Member
OS
On first place, thanks for your response bcooksley.

Well i did not find the plasma-desktop package on gentoo, but i found these two: plasma-runtime & plasma-workspace.

On .xsesion-errors i can read:

startkde: Starting up...
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(3663) KBuildSycoca::checkTimestamps: checking file timestamps
kbuildsycoca4(3663) KBuildSycoca::checkTimestamps: timestamps check ok
kbuildsycoca4(3663) kdemain: Emitting notifyDatabaseChanged ()
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::deviceFound(Device*) to BlueDevilDaemon::deviceFound(Device*)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect QTimer::timeout() to (null)::stopDiscovery()
kded(3662) Kded::loadModule: Could not load library "kded_powerdevil" . [ "No se puede cargar la biblioteca /usr/lib64/kde4/kded_powerdevil.so: (libsqlite3.so.0: no se puede abrir el fichero del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio)" ]
kded(3662) Kded::loadModule: Could not load library "kded_keyboard" . [ "No se puede cargar la biblioteca /usr/lib64/kde4/kded_keyboard.so: (libsqlite3.so.0: no se puede abrir el fichero del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio)" ]
kded(3662)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
Could not open library ksmserver: Cannot load library /usr/lib64/libkdeinit4_ksmserver.so: (libsqlite3.so.0: no se puede abrir el fichero del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio)
ksmserver: error while loading shared libraries: libsqlite3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
startkde: Shutting down...
klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
startkde: Done.

I will try installing sqlite3 and see the next error

Salutes and thank you very much.
Yczo
Registered Member
OS
That's it! The installation of sql3, allows KDE runs again.

I still can't run Kmail and akonadi, but i think that will be better write another thread for this issue.

Thank you very much bcooksley!

Reply to topic