Reply to topic

Unable to login to specific user under sddm/kde on Arch!!!!

ramydenton
Registered Member
PROBLEM:

Unable to pass beyond login screen (sddm) using correct credentials.

WHAT HAPPENS:

After boot to cli, I systemctl start sddm, it gives me the usual login screen. I click my user, enter password, hit enter and the field freezes. I can still move the cursor, but can no longer interact with any user portraits/fields etc.

- If I leave it for several hours, nothing has changed. I can only get
away from this by systemctl stop sddm.
- If I try entering the wrong password, it tells me such and I can try again.
- If I try logging in to a different user, this works,

...leading me to believe it could be something about the user's config causing it.bluestacks.vip downloadnox.com downloader.vip/vpn

ATTEMPTS TO FIX/DIAGNOSE:

I've appended BAK to all .bash*** files under the affected user. This has no affect to the outcome.

Trying to start KDE manually with startkde results in DISPLAY is not set or cannot connect to the X server.

~/.local/share/sddm/xorg-session.log contains /usr/bin/xauth: timeout in locking authority file ~/.Xauthority

No protocol specified

There is no .Xauthority file present.

Last edited by ramydenton on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apache
Registered Member
OS
Perhaps some problems with Plasma files or configuration for this user. In that situation I would create (from Tty, Ctrl+Alt+F1) a new user with new home folder to check if I can log in to this new account then I would copy application configuration files. It this would goes ok it means that only configuration was damaged. Otherwise probably something is wrong with system files or plasma desktop files installed in system.

Reply to topic