Reply to topic

Configuration changes disappear

rezgaras
Registered Member

Configuration changes disappear

Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:08 pm
I use KDE 3.5 with Mandriva 2009.0, i.e. most programs are already the KDE4 version and use those setups.

After starting gwenview the shortcuts are not the default ones (no idea, why). I want to use PgDn and PgUp when browsing in a directory as I used with Kuickshow (not available any more). Now Space and Backspace do the same job. I do not like this as these buttons are far from each other on the keyboard, PgDn and PgUp are much easier to use. When I edit shortcuts, I can reload the defaults but they work only for that session. After restarting gwenview, the shortcuts are again Space and Backspace. I already tried to edit the config file "~/.kde4/share/config" directly, but no effect, after restarting gwenview, the shortcuts are again Space and Backspace. Is this a bug or a nasty feature?

Another similar problem. I use different keyboard layouts. In order to change between them one can click on a flag in the Panel. But there is no flag there. When I configure in Desktop Configuration/Regional/Keyboard layout I can set the marker: "Show country flag". It shows the flag. But at the next session start the flag does not appear, it need to reset and set again the "Show country flag" to have it in the Panel. Again: is this a bug or a nasty feature?

All these were so perfectly working in KDE3!! :-@

rezgaras, a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct., Linux user since 1999.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: Configuration changes disappear

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:02 pm
The keyboard shortcuts are saved correctly on 4.2 trunk, so the bug must have been fixed. The flag also stayed with me after I logged out and in, so that configuration issue must have been fixed as well ( I used System Settings to change the setting and run 4.2 for my desktop environment )

If you are still having configuration issues with the flag, ensure you are using "kcontrol" to enable the flag not "systemsettings"

Last edited by bcooksley on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]http://forum.kde.org/content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
rezgaras
Registered Member

RE: Configuration changes disappear

Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:27 pm
Thanks. Mandriva 2009 update unfortunately does not yet contain KDE 4.2 RPMs. As KDE is a basic part of the system, I do not want to update with original KDE files as I am afraid of side effects. Hoping for the next Mandiva KDE upgrade.

rezgaras, a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct., Linux user since 1999.

Reply to topic