Reply to topic

KMyMoney & no stock quotes

mcarpino
Registered Member

Re: KMyMoney & no stock quotes

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:33 pm
mbeenham wrote:I've populated my online stock quote field as per mcarpino (many thanks), but get the following error when trying an online update:
Fetching URL https://finance.google.com/finance?q=AZN.L...
Unable to update price for AZN.L (no price or no date)

I am running Linux, but cannot identify a "Google fix" from the URL provided.
I'm happy to dig in and try to find the cause of this issue, but if anybody has solved this problem already I'd appreciate a steer.

mbeenham Google recognizes AstraZeneca plc with a different symbol than yahoo. Yahoo requires the symbol AZN.L and it appears that Google looks for this symbol LON:AZN Try changing the trading symbol to LON:AZN I think it will work. Here's the web link for the stock as a reference https://finance.google.com/finance?q=LON:AZN
mbeenham
Registered Member
OS

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:31 am
mcarpino wrote:
mbeenham Google recognizes AstraZeneca plc with a different symbol than yahoo. Yahoo requires the symbol AZN.L and it appears that Google looks for this symbol LON:AZN Try changing the trading symbol to LON:AZN I think it will work. Here's the web link for the stock as a reference https://finance.google.com/finance?q=LON:AZN

I tried your suggestion but with the same result. From the browser the result of using LON:AZN and AZN.L are identical, both give a good report of AZN. I suspect the problem is in the parsing of the regular expressions, either date or price so I'll check those manually.

Thanks for your help.

Linux Mint 17.2
KMyMoney Version 4.7.2
Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.2
mbeenham
Registered Member
OS

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 am
My problem - when I copied and pasted the price REGEX I accumulated an extra character at the end...
All OK now, just got to go through and set all stocks to Google.

Linux Mint 17.2
KMyMoney Version 4.7.2
Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.2
aperali
Registered Member

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:00 pm
Is it possible to use %1 in Price and Date parameters? Im asking this because I have a HTLM source which has MANY mutual funds prices and dates inside it. All of them are grouped by their mutual fund codes (Symbol) which have the format like this 22.222.222/2222-22 followed by their prices and dates.
Example:
<td>22.222.222/2222-22</td>
<td>100.00000</td>
<td>2017-11-11</td>
<td>33.333.333/3333-33</td>
<td>111.11111</td>
<td>2017-11-11</td>

And for the Price should be something like this (I think):
<td>%1<\/td>\r?<td>(\d+.\d+)<\/td>
And for the Date:
<td>%1<\/td>\r?<td>\d+.\d+<\/td>\r?<td>(\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2})<\/td>

Im trying to do this but it returns "Fetching URL http://teste.pythonanywhere.com/static/cotacoes.html...
Unable to update price for 22.222.222/2222-22 (no price or no date)"

Is it something related to "." or "/" in the fund code? Tried to use only numbers but doesn't work either.

If I replace the %1 by the fund code everything runs perfect.

Thank you,
User avatar ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:47 am
aperali wrote:Is it possible to use %1 in Price and Date parameters?

The short answer: no, that is not supported. :( Please file a wish on our bugtracker, so that it does not get lost. Maybe link back to this forum entry.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 42.2 64bit, KF5
aperali
Registered Member

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:04 am
ipwizard wrote:Please file a wish on our bugtracker, so that it does not get lost. Maybe link back to this forum entry.

Done! Do you have an idea when they are planning to release a new version of KMM (for Windows included)?
User avatar ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:18 am
aperali wrote:
ipwizard wrote:Please file a wish on our bugtracker, so that it does not get lost. Maybe link back to this forum entry.

Done! Do you have an idea when they are planning to release a new version of KMM (for Windows included)?

For reference: the following link shows the entry 386939 on the tracker. Regarding the question about the next release: 4.8.x with x>0 has some momentum and includes a Windows build (since the main developer working on this branch of the software is using Windows). The KF5 port is still ongoing. A few things are still missing. Btw: they includes me ;) .

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 42.2 64bit, KF5
barlow
Registered Member

Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:36 pm
I applied the "google fix" and was pleased to see the quotes update. However, I did this on Nov. 3, and the date reported in the list was Nov. 2. The quotes had not been updated since the last working Yahoo update. Today (Nov 6) I ran the update again. No errors were reported. However, the date associated with the quotes was still Nov 2, and from all appearances, nothing was updated.

I'm seeing a similar issue. For Vanguard mutual funds I get the correct price but the prior day's date.

Reply to topic