Reply to topic

Weird Price Entry Causing Update Problem

rblackwell
Registered Member
Posts
76
Karma
0
I'm running KMyMoney Version 5.0.6-e6db136bf on a Windopws 10 PC. When I attempt to "Update Stock and Currency Prices" I receive an error regarding one of the entries in the price table. The error reads "Failed to retrieve an exchange rate for CAD > E000006 from KMyMoney Currency. It will be skipped this time." An image of prices stored in my copy of KMyMoney is viewable at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XU9niiy6PhiI1DZd7LpS7AoUWTGZCmiO/view?usp=sharing. I have an Investment with a fund number that matches a segment of the entry seen in the error (TDB2582). I've looked in the Price table but do not see this entry. What's going on and how do I correct the problem?

Regards
Robert
pasis
Registered Member
Posts
25
Karma
0
I have had similar problems. My problems were due a wrong currency at securities. For example I had At&t at securities 2 times one with usd and (accidently" with eur currency. I deleted the wrong one and it fixed the situation.
rblackwell
Registered Member
Posts
76
Karma
0
pasis wrote:I have had similar problems. My problems were due a wrong currency at securities. For example I had At&t at securities 2 times one with usd and (accidently" with eur currency. I deleted the wrong one and it fixed the situation.


Thank you for the feedback. All Security entries have been checked. Each is reflecting $ CND. As well as checking currency settings of each security, I ran a few Security reports. Each report indicate all transactions have occurred in $CND. Not sure where to go from here!

Robert
rblackwell
Registered Member
Posts
76
Karma
0
pasis wrote:I have had similar problems. My problems were due a wrong currency at securities. For example I had At&t at securities 2 times one with usd and (accidently" with eur currency. I deleted the wrong one and it fixed the situation.


You put me onto something with your thoughts. What if a price was incorrectly recorded in the Prices editor! Reviewing each transaction associated with the security in question I found an entry that was the reverse of all other. Rather than the Security being converted to $CND, $CDN were being converted to the security. I've no idea how this happened but I'm pleased to report the problem is not occurring now.

 
Reply to topic

Bookmarks



Who is online

Registered users: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JesseWebb, kyrhammer, Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]