Reply to topic

Weird Price Entry Causing Update Problem

rblackwell
Registered Member
I'm running KMyMoney Version 5.0.6-e6db136bf on a Windopws 10 PC. When I attempt to "Update Stock and Currency Prices" I receive an error regarding one of the entries in the price table. The error reads "Failed to retrieve an exchange rate for CAD > E000006 from KMyMoney Currency. It will be skipped this time." An image of prices stored in my copy of KMyMoney is viewable at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XU9niiy6PhiI1DZd7LpS7AoUWTGZCmiO/view?usp=sharing. I have an Investment with a fund number that matches a segment of the entry seen in the error (TDB2582). I've looked in the Price table but do not see this entry. What's going on and how do I correct the problem?

Regards
Robert
pasis
Registered Member
I have had similar problems. My problems were due a wrong currency at securities. For example I had At&t at securities 2 times one with usd and (accidently" with eur currency. I deleted the wrong one and it fixed the situation.
rblackwell
Registered Member
pasis wrote:I have had similar problems. My problems were due a wrong currency at securities. For example I had At&t at securities 2 times one with usd and (accidently" with eur currency. I deleted the wrong one and it fixed the situation.

Thank you for the feedback. All Security entries have been checked. Each is reflecting $ CND. As well as checking currency settings of each security, I ran a few Security reports. Each report indicate all transactions have occurred in $CND. Not sure where to go from here!

Robert
rblackwell
Registered Member
pasis wrote:I have had similar problems. My problems were due a wrong currency at securities. For example I had At&t at securities 2 times one with usd and (accidently" with eur currency. I deleted the wrong one and it fixed the situation.

You put me onto something with your thoughts. What if a price was incorrectly recorded in the Prices editor! Reviewing each transaction associated with the security in question I found an entry that was the reverse of all other. Rather than the Security being converted to $CND, $CDN were being converted to the security. I've no idea how this happened but I'm pleased to report the problem is not occurring now.

Reply to topic