Reply to topic

can not delete account

minnew
Registered Member

can not delete account

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:42 pm
I'm new to KMyMoney and added an (investment) account then tried to delete it...I followed the directions in the pdf:

6.5 Deleting accounts
To delete an account, first remove all the transactions from that account in the ledger. Next, find
the account in the accounts view and after right clicking on the entry to show the popup menu
select Delete account... from the popup menu.

If you are unable to delete an account which looks like it has no transactions in it, check your
filter. See Settings! Configure KMyMoney! General! Filter. Clear all filters. Set the start
date to 1.1.1900 or so.
There may be transactions in your ledger that are not shown, for example, if you have inadvertently
typed in the wrong year when making an entry so that an entry remains outside the
opening date of KMyMoney. This appears beneath the ledger page as remaining funds.

but the "delete" option is grayed out...what am I missing?
thanks
minnew
Registered Member

Re: can not delete account  Topic is solved

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:42 pm
Never mind...I had inadvertently created a sub-account that needed to be deleted first.
saturnine
Registered Member

Re: can not delete account

Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:31 pm
I have the same problem. THere is an account that does not have ethe option to delete (greyed out). It has no transactions and has no sub-accounts.
How do I force a delete of an empty account?

I found out why. Apparently there were securities in investments that stay somehow attached to the account even when all transactions are deleted. I deleted the securities. This ungreyed the menu option to delet the account, but it returned an errormessage. I then saved the file, closed KMyMoney, then restarted and I could now delet the account. Woo Hoo!

Reply to topic