Reply to topic

5.0.8 install via Applimage

BKH
Registered Member
Posts
5
Karma
0

5.0.8 install via Applimage

Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:55 pm
I have finally got 5.0.8 installed (an upgrade form 5.0.0). However is there a way to put an icon in the favorites area so I don't have use "terminal" to start KMyMoney?
User avatar ipwizard
KDE Developer
Posts
932
Karma
4
OS

Re: 5.0.8 install via Applimage

Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:05 pm
Sure, but that heavily depends on your desktop. I would try to start with a right click onto the desktop and select "Create New..." and then "Link to application". (Those texts are based on KDE plasma and they may differ for your desktop)

Hope that helps.


ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.1 64bit, KF5
User avatar watchstar
Registered Member
Posts
26
Karma
0

Re: 5.0.8 install via Applimage

Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:45 pm
What OS are you using? I am using Mint 19.3. An icon can be placed in the panel. Takes a bit of work though.
BKH
Registered Member
Posts
5
Karma
0

Re: 5.0.8 install via Applimage

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:25 pm
Steve R. wrote:What OS are you using? I am using Mint 19.3. An icon can be placed in the panel. Takes a bit of work though.
I am using ubuntu 18.04.04 LTS.
BKH
Registered Member
Posts
5
Karma
0

Re: 5.0.8 install via Applimage

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:28 pm
ipwizard wrote:Sure, but that heavily depends on your desktop. I would try to start with a right click onto the desktop and select "Create New..." and then "Link to application". (Those texts are based on KDE plasma and they may differ for your desktop) I am using ubuntu 18.04.04 LTS. The "create new..." option is not there.

Hope that helps.
User avatar ostroffjh
Registered Member
Posts
91
Karma
0
OS

Re: 5.0.8 install via Applimage

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:31 pm
Ubuntu is a distribution. Creating an icon to launch a program depends on your DE (desktop environment) - Gnome, KDE, lxde, ....
BKH
Registered Member
Posts
5
Karma
0

Re: 5.0.8 install via Applimage

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:27 am
ostroffjh wrote:Ubuntu is a distribution. Creating an icon to launch a program depends on your DE (desktop environment) - Gnome, KDE, lxde, ....


Sorry, Gnome.
BKH
Registered Member
Posts
5
Karma
0

Re: 5.0.8 install via Applimage

Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:50 am
Everyone thanks. I got this figured out. I am all set.
User avatar ostroffjh
Registered Member
Posts
91
Karma
0
OS

Re: 5.0.8 install via Applimage

Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:17 pm
If you posted how you solved it, and added [Solved] to the original subject, it might be able to help someone in the future who has the same problem.

Thanks.

 
Reply to topic

Bookmarks



Who is online

Registered users: acrux, Baidu [Spider], bassamanator, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], ipwizard, norobot, pareekyashovardhan, samidon, Sogou [Bot], Yahoo [Bot], zachalexy