Reply to topic

Automatically Que Additional Transfers in Dolphin

Votes
henryblack
Registered Member
They can conjure up a specific image in the head when the listener sees the word futon. The first thing people can imagine when they hear about futons is the wooden arm, a wooden slate frame, and a large cushion. Maybe they will be surprised when the modern futon is a lot different than before. From the futon used to describe some types of furniture may not be the same as the traditional furniture part. Manufacturers have different terms to describe what people would think of like a futon mattress.

What is a futon mattress?
A futon is a wooden frame that allows it to be transformed into a couch or bed. It is a piece of furniture that can be used for many purposes. No longer just made of wood and cotton mattresses, some different types of futons can be bought and used to create a living room or furniture set for a family room.

A futon mattress can be displayed in the living room, and it can hold 1 to 2 people and no handrail. A person's back or shoulder support is the only piece of bend that is supported by a person's back or shoulders and is arranged to sit up or lie down. How to choose a twin size futon mattress is the first question in the process of getting the new one

In the lounge, sofas, and futon two-seater mattresses can be placed side by side. At the end of the room, you can put a three-seater futon. This creates a cut-off view of individual pieces of furniture rather than a traditional part.

Two-seater futon with a futuristic bunk bed. It helps you create more space for your dorm room or children's room. Students can use futon to entertain or watch TV. And next, you can open it for guest to sleep.

For dormitory rooms, modern futon mattresses can be used as a way to diversify space. Used as a day bench and a bed at night, the dorm room can look like a living room or a bedroom depending on what a student wants anytime.

While many of the company's lounges call futon chairs, a more traditional futon can be used to create an outdoor living room. Futon mattress is a swing with futon mattress for seating. This can make a nice hammock when lying down. There are also outdoor futons and swings for the terrace or patio.

Some similar futon products have different names. Loveseats or chairs, click beds look like traditional sofas. It has a metal frame covered with fabric, suede or leather and transformed into a bed using a series of hinges. Some traditional clack-clack beds are removed.

Some types of inaccurate furniture are called futons. Often, manufacturers call a platform a futon mattress. Mattress futon is a stuffed mattress. A company produces a line of futon mattresses for infants. Cushion mattress can be used with many different objects. When a person wants to buy a futon, they should understand the difference.

Modern futon covers a wide variety of models and sizes and so before buying you need to look at the image as well as the nature to make sure the mattress is the mattress in your mind.

One of the most versatile furniture parts on the market today is a futon. Are you looking for something for your bedroom? Can a sofa turn into a bed when the company ends? Do you like a beautiful piece of furniture for your small space? If you have asked yourself any of these questions, a futon is for you.

Futon mattresses are incredibly flexible so they can be found anywhere, I have never seen a space that they do not contain. I have sold many Futon frames and mattresses to customers in New Zealand City, where space is at such a premium rate, that I lost the number. Do not forget the rural areas where going to the furniture store is sometimes a day's drive.

Most of the frames, mattresses, and covers that I sell are made in the USA. I always try to sell as many products in the US as possible. I was born here and wanted to promote the outcome of my hometown where I was born. If you are searching for a futon mattress, you have better go to website and read the futon mattress reviews here: https://medium.com/@colorpop1102/best-futon-mattress-reviews-64caaf6a0f47

However, there are a few things you should keep in mind if you are looking for a futon. What is the frame made of? Is the frame durable? Always find a futon frame made of hardwood, avoid any structure made from particleboard or MDF. Measure the width and spacing between the bars on the back and floor. The bar should be at least two and a half inches wide and if the distance is more than three inches, forget about it. If you notice, even with the best mattress in the market, you will feel thin or too far apart. You risk damaging your mattress if you use a futon frame with a non-standard bar. Try to find functional and durable frames for your futon mattress, which can be wood or needles or durable materials today.

Last edited by henryblack on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar arkascha
Registered Member
OS

Not sure about this...

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:08 pm
I am actually not sure if that is a good idea...

Don't get me wrong, I understand your point about queuing transfer jobs and I agree that often it is wise to do so.

However we should also consider that Dolphin is a file manager.
Sure, it works network transparent because it is based on the KDE framework. But it's main focus is local work, that has highest priority and should receive primary attention.
The issue with implementing additional hassles and whistles for each and every thing one can actually do with such a tool is: it gets more and more complex. Higher complexity means reduced robustness, higher maintenance effort, thus fewer changes getting implemented, higher loading times dues to increasing sizes and and and .
I am not sure if this is a good idea for these reasons.

I do like the idea of being able to use dolphin for networking stuff, but for "heavy duty jobs" I prefer a specialized utility. Which in turn allows the general tool to stay lean.

Just my 2 cents...
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Well, the queue feature is already there. This is just an enhancement to that feature to use a single queue for a given network device rather than creating a new queue for each operation being performed. This would probably lead to a more robust feature as depending on the network protocol running multiple operations simultaneously would lead to increased contention and possibly instability.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Lachu
Registered Member
OS
Maybe don't make it automatically - user may choose.
For example, when dragging file, it have another option add to queue or copy/move after/before. When clicking copy/move after/before, dialog will appear. User can use this dialog to manage order of transfer, add new queue, remove it, move transfer between queue, etc.
Another thing to do in this dialog is error handling - shouldn't transfer of other files stop, when an error occurs?

Lachu, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
reaperx3
Registered Member
I too would welcome a way to queue transfers.

Rather than having to make a manual choice each time, I'd like a global dolphin setting "queue multiple move/copy operations to the same destination disk" so that the first transfer job starts immediately, and all following ones start when the previous one is done.

Even better: a file-based queue, not a transfer job based one. So if I copy 10 large files, there is now a queue window with 10 entries. The first one is running, the next nine are paused. If I immediately copy another 10, the transfer queue now has 20 entries. When each entry finishes, the next one begins. The queue window allows re-ordering of file transfers via drag and drop and control over individual files.

Basically, it would work like a download manager, with the usual functionality for queuing, starting, pausing, resuming and prioritizing downloads.

Bonus: a checkbox to give the option to verify that files were transferred correctly, with md5 or sha-1 checksums.

Reply to topic