Reply to topic

[Konsole] Link to konqueror's man or xman

Votes
Lachu
Registered Member
OS
Konsole should have menu item demonstrates, how to ran program in different shell (bash/python/etc.) and allow to search manual. The menu item could be link to web/local html page. The main content should provide link to description how to ran programs in some shell + info about sudo + search filed for manuals.

Why?
Many distribution, like Ubuntu show info during bash startup, what sudo is. I think:
- It's annoying showing this info each time
- We can gather more info in help menu and don't bloat it on terminal

Lachu, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
Since this totally depends on the Distribution, I don't think it should be implemented by us. Ask your distribution for it.

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-46
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...
Lachu
Registered Member
OS
I don't think so. I don't think it's depend on distribution. Most distro use bash as default shell and we only add possibility to search manual.

Lachu, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.

Reply to topic