Reply to topic

Integrate an easy backup tool

Votes
lovelycoser
Registered Member

Re: Integrate an easy backup tool

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:13 am
Alternately, you could just setup a cron job to tar the contents of $KDEHOME every so often. Or a VCS could be used.
bokaboka
Registered Member

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:47 pm
I never really tried backups, but when I wanted to I took a look at Keep. It was pretty good.

What I'd like in a backup program is KIO support.
georgerembert
Registered Member

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:03 am
I was thinking of a similar thing... my original idea was a simple shell program that compress into a bz2 archive the /home/ directory and save a list of the installed programs to reinstall them automatically (i use ubuntu, so it's really simple to do this a thing). I think that this idea would be really useful for linux users, expecially an automatic recovery of the programs for distros that have a package system. I' would be happy to help writing such a program.
apache
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:27 am
Kup Backup System is great for backup of /home with all apps and KDE settings
https://www.linux-apps.com/p/1127689/
https://github.com/spersson/Kup
ngiannip
Registered Member

Wed May 31, 2017 4:27 pm
2017 - A simple and powerful backup tool is still relevant and lacking in KDE . KDE should ship with an integrated tool like this.
User avatar anoneemouse
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:38 pm
ngiannip wrote:2017 - A simple and powerful backup tool is still relevant and lacking in KDE . KDE should ship with an integrated tool like this.

Kup is really really good. Check it out.
User avatar toad
Global Moderator
OS

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:47 pm
Too true, kup is great. Note however, that instead of trying to start on its own you'll find a backup section in systemsettings ;)

EDIT:
Also getting bup onto my testing install was not as straight forward as expected but since things are running smoothly.

Debian testing
lueck
Mentor
Nigan
Registered Member
The User wrote:I think those Kamion-ideas fit to the semantic desktop principe.
Does any body know kamion?

Holly ****, that's the Good idea I ever heard! :P

As far as I see, this is not an option yet. It's just plain text pointing to locations. I don't know if kamion supports KIO slaves, but if it's possible, this is really cool.
reversephonelookup.onl/ curated.onl/nba-reddit/
E.g. there is a kamion xml file which accepts the nepomuksearch kio slave. It is connected to the tag backup (e.g., this might be configurable). The user assigns some tags in dolphin. Each dir of file which must be backed up (besides mail and other files where the user don't know where they are located) is assigned with a tag. And kamion will do the rest. I think this is a good proposal for the kamion team.
roundcubeeight
Registered Member

Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:09 am
Thanks for sharing, it worked for me ! shareit app https://get-vidmateapk.com/

Reply to topic