Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.
Reply to topic

KDE identity reset password is very bad.

issambe
Registered Member
Hello KDE, hope you doing well
I encountered a problem trying to login to my KDE account (not this I'm using now), that is that I forgot my username and there is no option for that, there is only reset password option. because some people forget their usernames but almost never forget their email because is a static thing not like a username.
is this really happening or I missed something.
cheers.
issambe
Registered Member
it is more than a year since this thread, and no answer. and I'm still unable to retrieve my old account because I forgot the user name associated with my email.
this is a bad thing I think, why there is no option like (forgot my username).
user names are easy to forget if every website makes you write one on there rules, but I'm sure that I will forget my email address, unless got forbid I god Alzheimer :( .

I hope you see my point
cheers.

valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
@issambe this is really not the place to put such complaints, sorry!

Please write to [email protected] with all the details you know /remember. You can link to your original post here on the forum if you like.

It might please you to know that the Identity system is being re-written.

All the best,

Valorie

User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
valoriez wrote:Please write to [email protected] with all the details you know /remember

please don't give any personal details, at this is a mailing list, wait for a sysadmin to get back to you. There is a much better way: open a ticket for the syadmins: https://go.kde.org/systickets

Currently running Kubuntu 19.10, Plasma 5.18.2, Frameworks 5.67.0, Qt 5.12.4, kernel 5.3.0-40
FWIW: it is always useful to state the Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...

Reply to topic