Reply to topic

default download folder in Konqueror?

User avatar screwdriver0815
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I have a short question regarding Konqueror. Whenever I download a file from the internet, Konqueror opens the "save file" window (Dolphin) in the folder /home/user/Documents. Is there a way to change this into (for example) /home/user/Downloads?

In Firefox this is easy, but in Konqueror I did not find such an option.

thanks!
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
iirc it uses the system defaults

try changing systemsettings -> account details -> paths -> download paths

OpenSuse 13.2 x64, KDE 4.14.x & Plasma 5.x

Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:iirc it uses the system defaults

try changing systemsettings -> account details -> paths -> download paths

Thank your for the answer. But in systemsettings, the path for downloads is /home/user/Downloads... but Konqueror still wants to save in /home/user/Documents... do I need to change some settings in Konqueror, maybe?
I already have searched for some option, but I didn´t find anything...
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
hmmm - you appear to be correct, might be a bug

if you enable Kget to act as Konq's dl manager (kget -> settings -> configure kget -> integration) the abililty to select download folder works but not sure it's using the setting from systemsettings or from the kget setting groups, default folder

Registered Member
OS
hmm... I have now Kget as the default downloadmanager for Konqueror, but when I want to download/ save a file from the internet in/with Konqueror, it still opens the Dolphin "save file" dialog, with standard folder "Documents". Of course I can change this for this particular file, but with the next one, this game starts again... So Kget does not do anything when I start a download in Konqueror...

But when I choose "new download" in Kget, it uses the /home/user/Downloads folder.
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
in kget -> settings -> configure kget -> groups -> my downloads -> configure -> default settings -> default folder -> "/home/user/Downloads"

Reply to topic